• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is what a police state looks like.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Seems to me the police showed restraint. They could have cleared the street, or if we were in China, started shooting. We don't see what the man did right before he was arrested.

What I saw was a whole group of people suffering from Bush derangement syndrome.

kadzbiz

The only reason protesters hide their faces is to prevent them from being identified for the any criminal activity they may take part in. Even so called peaceful protests get infiltrated by people who are simply there to cause mayhem and get into confrontations with police because they just hate police. If you feel you're doing what's right, you'd be proud to display you face and not fear arrest. There have been plenty of cases where police depts have been taken to court and had to pay out huge sums to those who were unjustly dealt with. If a cop wants to do something uncalled for, let him face the consequences just like the mayhem seeking radicals. Having said that, I do disagree with events like the clearing of trespassing protesters years ago at a school in Melbourne where police followed protocal and used reasonable force, but were sued anyway some time later and great sums were paid out to those breaking the law.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Amusing how these people claim that every thing we are told by the government is a lie, then they go and lie to us.

We saw what they wanted us to see, to elicit a response. Its how a camera works. To make judgment from what is an obviously biased film is ridiculous.
This is nothing more than propaganda, you could probably reverse the message with a bit of editing.

kadzbiz

Why? What did they say when you told them you just wanted to get to your car?

Protesters rarely concern themselves with the needs of anyone else but themselves. You could've told them that your kid was one fire, they still wouldn't have let you thru.

Smoke

Done here.
Protesters rarely concern themselves with the needs of anyone else but themselves. You could've told them that your kid was one fire, they still wouldn't have let you thru.
Have you really found that to be true? Because I've been a protester, and so have my parents -- protesting for quite different causes. I've never seen any protester target random passers-by with such belligerence, and I can't imagine why any would. That's why I find Nutshell's ill-treatment by these protesters so fascinating. It seems bizarre.

kadzbiz

Have you really found that to be true? Because I've been a protester, and so have my parents -- protesting for quite different causes. I've never seen any protester target random passers-by with such belligerence, and I can't imagine why any would. That's why I find Nutshell's ill-treatment by these protesters so fascinating. It seems bizarre.

Of course I'm generalising. I should've stayed out of this thread. Instead, I let it get to me emotionally and zoned in on the protest mayhem makers. I'll go chill out for a while.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
i think we are all lucky to have someone here who was actually there. That was a pretty well done emotional video. It kinda shys from sensibilities and targets emotions you know. It just goes to show that it is very easy to be manipulated into believing falsehoods. The media, and manipulative people like the makers of this video should be tarred and feathered and beaten with a studded baseball bat. There is nothing I hate more than an intentional and malicious attempt to play with my head.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Never drive by an environmental rally in a Hummer.
I have seen it happen, and the result is quite amusing.

More to the point, it really depends on what is being protested and who is doing it. Prolife and environmental rallies have been known to get out of hand, although the latter is much rarer than the former.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
TruthNews.us » Blog Archive » This is What A Police State Looks Like

This is a video of police attacking protesters in Portland in 2002. Please watch it.
I watch the video until I looked up to the upper left corner of the page and saw that it was Alex Jones. Frankly, MidnightBlue, I would rather have the police doing the job I pay them to do than have nuts like Alex Jones given the time of day. Shame on you for posting this drivel.

The video is disgusting. It's pure propaganda.

I WAS THERE!

After work, the protestors refused to allow me to go to my car so I could just go home. There is absolutely no way to tell why the gentleman was taken into custody. The US Supreme Court has stated that it is bad policy to second guess officers.

If anything comes off as police state, its the makers of this video. The voiceover with clips of Nazi Germany thrown in. DISGUSTING.

I was HAPPY the police were there.

EDIT: The voiceover states nothing was thrown. That's a lie. I was there and the protestors had thrown projectiles.

Thank you for that Nutshell. It does put things into perspective.

nutshell

Why?

What did they say when you told them you just wanted to get to your car?

They said thinigs like "no one is getting out tonight."

Why are you questioning me? You'd better use your energy to counter the lies and disgusting tactics used by the makers of the video.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I agree. I didn't know who Alex Jones was and I didn't research this story before posting the link to the video. I should have.

Well don't feel too bad cause I've done similar before. I don't follow the conspiracy theory/ fear intilling propaganda. I know there is some stuff thats true, and some that isn't as usual. How do you tell the difference?
My Political Science professor gave us some places to get our news from that were ligit. You know, better than fox and cnn... apparently he hates those. I know one place was bbc, but I will have to look for the others. I'll post them her when I find them. If you see something crazy from one of those sources chances are it is creditable.
But he said there HAVE been many horrible things in the past, much worse that that, which really did happen where the govt. was truly in the wrong from a point of democracy.