• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Burton's Harry Potter

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
If Tim Burton were to direct/write a reboot of the Harry Potter series (film not books), would you see it? What would you think about it when you heard the news?

Also, what do you imagine what would be different?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No. His remakes suck. Plus, it would just be an excuse for him to give Helena Bonham Carter a job (although she was in the Harry Potter movies already, but that wouldn't stop him). :rolleyes:

StarryNightshade

Spiritually confused Jew
Premium Member
1.) I probably would see it, but not because I'm necessarily a fan of his. I would go just to see what it would be that would make all of the HP fanboys and girls cry.

2.) What would be different? Well, for one, he would cast Helena Bonham Cater as Hermione. :D

Erebus

2.) What would be different? Well, for one, he would cast Helena Bonham Cater as Hermione. :D

Probably Johnny Depp as Harry Potter too. Professor McGonagall would be portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp would play Hagrid. Voldemort, Ron and Dumbledore would all be Johnny Depp with a bonus appearance from Johnny Depp as Snape. Luna Lovegood Would be played by Helena Bonham Carter as would Narcissa Malfoy. I should imagine Johnny Depp would have a role in the film as well.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
- Danny Elfman would, of course, write the score.
- Paul Reubens plays Dobby.
- Sasha Baron Cohen plays Voldemort.
- Michael Keaton plays Dumbledore in the style of Beetlejuice.
- Alan Rickman still plays Snape. Who else could?
- Dianne Wiest plays Molly Weasley.
- Timothy Spall plays Wormtail. (Like Carter, he's already a Burton guy.)

Daughter & I have been wondering how soon they'll reboot Harry Potter.
I'm guessing 20 years or so. It'll take longer than something like Spiderman,
which has a simpler story line & mythology, & fewer main characters.

Last edited:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
- Alan Rickman still plays Snape. Who else could?

h6548866B

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If Tim Burton were to direct/write a reboot of the Harry Potter series (film not books), would you see it? What would you think about it when you heard the news?

Also, what do you imagine what would be different?
I'd see it.
The only difference I'm sure of is that Danny Elfman
would compose the score. It would be very different
from Williams', & at least as wonderful.