• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time travel in Heaven?

Servant_of_the_One1

Do you think it is possible to time travel in Heaven but people in that era wont see u at all!

I think it would be amazing to time travel. Witnessing the battles, or to see how ur favorite person lived.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe Heaven has no time. One may imagine time travel while in Heaven. Everything there is image anyway.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I think it is possible. For example at the cosmic consciousness level of experiencing what we normally experience as past, present and future all co-exist.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Do you think it is possible to time travel in Heaven but people in that era wont see u at all!

I think it would be amazing to time travel. Witnessing the battles, or to see how ur favorite person lived.
I am traveling by time from heaven , and i see you :p

Akivah

I don't know about that. What if a famous event that you are sure about (like in the Quran) didn't actually happen the way that it is written? What if it was completely different? What if it didn't happen at all?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
for my opinion there is no boring in heaven . so if i wish i will see human being lives (as records) , ONE BY ONE

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member

There is no past nor future in Heaven. Everything is the present. In Heaven, the days of the Roman Empire are the present, just as this very second is the present, just as the Judgement is the present. "Eternity" means to be outside of time.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Halal to see random people naked in Jannah? But haraam down here on Earth?
i am not sure about Jannah (heaven) laws about this matter . but for my opinion i don't think so .

btw in Judgement day, as I know that we would be all naked when we get resurrection, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said because it's big impact EVENT , nobody will care .

Servant_of_the_One1

There is no past nor future in Heaven. Everything is the present. In Heaven, the days of the Roman Empire are the present, just as this very second is the present, just as the Judgement is the present. "Eternity" means to be outside of time.

No i mean, u see hitler stalin baghdadi all burning in hell(if God decides to punish them)but u wonder how they lived and u go to the Heavenly library to read their biograph. Their biography is played like dvd. Imagine that was possible.

Imagine u could see the A-Bomb falling on Nagasaki. Or u could see how the Dinos perished. Played as dvd is nice, but imagine u go there to that era.

That is wild imagination there!

NulliuSINverba

Do you think it is possible to time travel in Heaven ...

Nope. From what I understand from the brochures I've seen, heaven is a timeless place where everyone just floats around telling an allegedly all-knowing being how awesome he is. Imagine an eternity of sychophancy with no option for parole. That's what some people claim heaven is like. You won't be able to tell one second from a trillion years. You'll just reflect God's ego back at him forever.

What if you traveled back in time and your favorite person was nowhere to be found? Would you be disappointed .. or relieved?

outhouse

Atheistically

Where does this rhetoric come from?

NulliuSINverba

There is no past nor future in Heaven. Everything is the present.

But doesn't the present occur in time?

In Heaven, the days of the Roman Empire are the present,

Yet the days of the Roman Empire occurred in time, yes?

just as this very second is the present

Actually, that very second is now in the past. As is this one. They're quite perishable. Stale before you can even appreciate 'em.

just as the Judgement is the present.

Do you mean that everyone who manages to get to heaven will be judged eternally?

"Eternity" means to be outside of time.

So wouldn't that mean that the days of the Roman Empire (or any "days" you'd care to mention) will be irrelevant in heaven ... because they happened "inside" time?

NulliuSINverba

If God is timeless and interacts with a world to which time applies, what do you imagine the result is?

I'd imagine that it would be very difficult (if not impossible) for a being that lacks a temporal form to interact with the universe in any way. I also suspect that it'd be next to impossible for a temporal being to interact with the physical universe in a fashion that is totally undetectable.

Our current level of technology allows us to see planets that orbit distant suns and to detect the faintest levels of background radiation ... yet when God helps someone find their cars keys, we're expected to believe that this leaves no noticeable evidence. Not even a blip on the radar? The smell of ozone? The sound of angels in the background?

Q. - How do you differentiate between a god that is totally undetectable and a god that doesn't actually exist?