• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time travel in Heaven?

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
I'd imagine that it would be very difficult (if not impossible) for a being that lacks a temporal form to interact with the universe in any way. I also suspect that it'd be next to impossible for a temporal being to interact with the physical universe in a fashion that is totally undetectable.

Our current level of technology allows us to see planets that orbit distant suns and to detect the faintest levels of background radiation ... yet when God helps someone find their cars keys, we're expected to believe that this leaves no noticeable evidence. Not even a blip on the radar? The smell of ozone? The sound of angels in the background?

Q. - How do you differentiate between a god that is totally undetectable and a god that doesn't actually exist?
Scientifically? You can't. The very concept of God by its definition lies outside what science deals with.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Do you think it is possible to time travel in Heaven but people in that era wont see u at all!

I think it would be amazing to time travel. Witnessing the battles, or to see how ur favorite person lived.

sort of.....

We will be able to see each other in mind and heart.
We can then know the experience.....as if living it!

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
Science deals with what exists. Correct?
Wrong. Science deals with that which can be verified empirically, through evidence, observation and experimentation. In short, science is concerned with the natural, physical world. It is unconcerned with things such as art, literature, philosophy, politics, ethics, or religion.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Wrong. Science deals with that which can be verified empirically, through evidence, observation and experimentation. In short, science is concerned with the natural, physical world. It is unconcerned with things such as art, literature, philosophy, politics, ethics, or religion.
al though, I have seen some recent science programs aimed at God.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Do you think it is possible to time travel in Heaven but people in that era wont see u at all!
There won't be any time travel in my heaven. Because you won't be separate from anything or anyone.

When you die your meat goes back to nature. Your identity ceases to exist. Your soul rejoins God and becomes part of everything that ever was or ever will be.
It's like when a drop of spray gets flipped off the top of an ocean wave. It exists for a moment separately from the sea, but then it reconnects when it rejoins the surface.
So when you die you won't need to see these things, you will be them. You will be ancient cave dwellers, Muhammad, every creature there has ever been or ever will be. You'll also be every star, from beginning to end. Every little hydrogen atom drifting in the far reaches. Every alien being and every galaxy and every black hole. And all the incredible stuff humans will never discover while they remain trapped in their meat selves.

There is nothing fair about it, no post humus cosmic justice. The most evil people ever will be there exactly like you and I.

But it will be glorious beyond human comprehension.
Tom

arthra

Baha'i

From my limited knowledge of what heaven would be like it would be beyond my conception of time and space.. travelling back in time would not be something I would expect.