• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time works in mysterious ways

granpa

Time is your alarm system. When reality is about to hurt you time warns you by giving you a little shock.

Time helps you by hurting you. This confuses people who don't know whether they should love it or hate it.

The correct answer is neither. You should not care.

Not caring was the correct answer.

Time doesn't do what it does because it loves you. Time doesn't do what it does because it hates you.

Time is not the enemy. Reality is the enemy. Reality is the slave driver. Time is not a slave driver.

If time wasnt watching over you you would have to sleep with one eye open.

granpa

IMG_0390.png

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Time isn't one of the gods I've developed much of a mindful relationship with, in part because it's... how to put it... an abstraction? Illusion? I focus more on tangibles than illusions of perceptions and intangibles. But with what little experience I have had working with Time Spirit, it... don't. Just don't. At best, Time Spirit is a reminder of human limitations in how we experience reality on a very fundamental level. Not a bad thing to keep in mind occasionally but very impractical especially if you are not a walker-between-the-worlds. At worst, Time Spirit will shatter all of your assumptions about reality to the point you are left in a paralytic, disoriented stupor or outright madness. It is far better to work with indirect and tangible manifestations upon which Time Spirit weaves. Like the seasons, rites of passage, that sort of thing.

granpa

The great activity of our life is to time. I see time as one act – just blazing – like the sun always shining

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Time is relative. I never will forget my dad saying to me something about the passage of time. He said, "When you are six, a year is 1/6th of your life. When you are 60, a year is 1/60th of your life." Made sense to me.

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
Time is your alarm system. When reality is about to hurt you time warns you by giving you a little shock.

Time helps you by hurting you. This confuses people who don't know whether they should love it or hate it.

The correct answer is neither. You should not care.

Not caring was the correct answer.

Time doesn't do what it does because it loves you. Time doesn't do what it does because it hates you.

Time is not the enemy. Reality is the enemy. Reality is the slave driver. Time is not a slave driver.

If time wasnt watching over you you would have to sleep with one eye open.
A point to consider is, is time all part of an illusion!

Regards Tony