• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TRACTORING over the Truth of Buddha & Jesus

drsatish

Buddha said (forecasting....with No SuperComputer Simulation)
that his teaching will be forgotten in 500 years.
"Diamond Sutra will be forgotten 500 years after it is taught"
Diamond Sutra - Buddhachannel : le portail du bouddhisme dans le monde

Any RESEMBLANCE to TODAY'S BUDDHISM?

Jesus said..(forecasting....with No SuperComputer Simulation)
http://www.christinus.org/gpage8.html
Gospel of Judas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Lost Gospel of Judas - From the Codex Tchacos

On another day Jesus came up to them. They said: "Master, we have seen you in a vision during dreaming. We saw a large temple and an altar in it. The priests received offerings from the people. Jesus said, "What did the people do?"

They said: "Some sacrificed their own children, others their wives, all in praise and humility with each other; some sleep with men; some are involved in slaughter; some commit a multitude of sins and deeds of lawlessness. And the men who stand before the altar invoke your name, while lacking the true divine light, and bring the sacrifices to completion." After having said this, they were quiet, for they were troubled.

JESUS OFFERS AN ALLEGORICAL INTERPRETATION OF THE VISION OF THE TEMPLE

Jesus said to them, "Why are you troubled? Truly, I say to you, all the priests who stand before that altar invoke my name. Again I say to you, my name will be invoked in all of this as long as the stars control humanity. They planted trees, in my name and in a shameful manner, that will not bear fruit."

Any RESEMBLANCE to TODAY'S CHRISTIANITY?

Camouflaging and Tractoring over Fundamental Deep Insights,
Satish

Smoke

Done here.

Buddha said (forecasting....with No SuperComputer Simulation)
that his teaching will be forgotten in 500 years.
"Diamond Sutra will be forgotten 500 years after it is taught"
Diamond Sutra - Buddhachannel : le portail du bouddhisme dans le monde
The Diamond Sutra was not written during the lifetime of the Buddha; the Buddha of the Diamond Sutra is metaphorical or (if you prefer) fictional. He is not the historical Gautama. Also the Diamond Sutra is well over 1000 years old, and far from being forgotten it is one of the most popular texts in Buddhism.

And your source does not support your assertion. It says:

In another section, Subhuti expresses concern that the Diamond Sutra will be forgotten 500 years after it is taught (or, alternatively, during the last 500 years of this era). The Buddha assures Subhuti that well after he is gone there will be some who can grasp the meaning of the Diamond Sutra and put it into practice. This section seems to reflect a concern found in other Buddhist texts that the teachings of the Buddha would eventually fade and become corrupted. A popular Buddhist concept, known as mappo in Japanese, also reflects this anxiety.​

drsatish

The Diamond Sutra was not written during the lifetime of the Buddha; the Buddha of the Diamond Sutra is metaphorical or (if you prefer) fictional. He is not the historical Gautama. Also the Diamond Sutra is well over 1000 years old, and far from being forgotten it is one of the most popular texts in Buddhism.

And your source does not support your assertion. It says:
In another section, Subhuti expresses concern that the Diamond Sutra will be forgotten 500 years after it is taught (or, alternatively, during the last 500 years of this era). The Buddha assures Subhuti that well after he is gone there will be some who can grasp the meaning of the Diamond Sutra and put it into practice. This section seems to reflect a concern found in other Buddhist texts that the teachings of the Buddha would eventually fade and become corrupted. A popular Buddhist concept, known as mappo in Japanese, also reflects this anxiety.​

I am extremely glad that Buddha's teaching still echoes in 2010...

Can you give concrete Here & Now Examples?

Satish

Smoke

Done here.
I am extremely glad that Buddha's teaching still echoes in 2010...

Can you give concrete Here & Now Examples?
There are plenty of places you can learn about Sakyamuni's teachings. My point is that the premise of your OP is false.

drsatish

There are plenty of places you can learn about Sakyamuni's teachings. My point is that the premise of your OP is false.

Sakyamuni is one of the best human forms...to have walked on earth...after leaving the Non-Earth..Palace!

I agree in TOTALITY with the 4 Noble Truths and 8 fold Noble Paths..

I am NOT asking about his TEACHING.

I am asking about the EXECUTION of his TEACHING!

Satish