• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgender opinions

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The one thing I always feel about this sort of conversation is a certain distaste for people who have so much to say about how other people live their lives and deal with their own issues. And I also have some distaste for those who, without having walked half an inch in another person's shoes, pretends they know how it feels and what they should do next.

Why do people want to do that? Who else do they think they can advise on the best ways to be themselves?

Clizby Wampuscat

Just been doing some random searching:

The Conversation, Canada

Evidence suggests that less than 1% of transgender people who undergo gender-affirming surgery report regret. That proportion is even more striking when compared to the fact that 14.4% of the broader population reports regret after similar surgeries.​
For example, studies have found that between 5% and 14% of all women who receive mastectomies to reduce the risk of developing breast cancer say they regretted doing so. However, less than 1% of transgender men who receive the same procedure report regret.​

Oxford Academic: Oxford University Press

Survey included the question “Have you ever de-transitioned? In other words, have you ever gone back to living as your sex assigned at birth, at least for a while?” The survey found that 8% of respondents had detransitioned temporarily or permanently at some point and that the majority did so only temporarily.​

Cleveland Clinic

Research consistently shows that people who choose gender affirmation surgery experience redu9ed gender incongruence and improved quality of life. Depending on the procedure, 94% to 100% of people report satisfaction with their surgery results.​
Where did you get these statistics from? If you are an adult then the can look at these statistics and make an informed decision. I do not care what they choose. I do care about children having this decision made for them. To have hormone blockers or permanent surgery should involve consent and children cannot do so.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Where did you get these statistics from? If you are an adult then the can look at these statistics and make an informed decision. I do not care what they choose. I do care about children having this decision made for them. To have hormone blockers or permanent surgery should involve consent and children cannot do so.

Sorry, having trouble re-finding the Oxford quote -- still looking. But it was a direct quote - copy/paste.

Last edited: