• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transhumanism

Peacewise

Yep I am a transhumanist, didn't realise the terminology so thanks for that, but after a read I agree with the concept in principle.
Bring on the tech, either biotech, or cybertech, wetware or otherwise. For instance I appreciate the concept of a phone with my contacts and various other documents on it, it is a memory device that allows me to 'remember' many more details/contacts than I care to mentally remember. Stuff like that is worthwhile in my opinion and I look forward to more synergy between technology and the human form or capacity.

I agree with a chip in the body in principle for a variety of purposes including location, memory storage, communication, medical data, even identification.

The only issue I have is when or IF such modification or additions to the human form become involuntary or mandated, either by government, family or business. Stuff em it's my body and I will transform it as I wish.

DeepShadow

White Crow
I'm pretty close to a transhumanist (cosmist, not singulitarian) and would love to see a board--or a set of boards--around here dedicated to that set of religions. Cosmist, technogaian, singulitarian, H+, etc. Who would I talk to about that?

FWIW, I think the Mormon Transhumanist Association is the largest theist subset of transhumanism.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'm pretty close to a transhumanist (cosmist, not singulitarian) and would love to see a board--or a set of boards--around here dedicated to that set of religions. Cosmist, technogaian, singulitarian, H+, etc. Who would I talk to about that?
Probably a lot of people. You ought to talk to the staff about it.