• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True religion

Kolibri

I like how James chapter 1 puts it.

"If any man thinks he is a worshipper of God (or "is religious.") but does not keep a tight rein on (or "does not bridle.") his tongue, he is deceiving is own heart, and his worship is futile. The form of worship (or "religion.") that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world."
- James 1:26,27

Note that this verse says "from the standpoint of our God." Of course this is religion that is "clean and undefiled." It does not specifically mention "true" here. But Jesus indicated that "truth" would also be important to God. In speaking to the Samaritan woman at the well he said:

"Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews. Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth."
- John 4:21-24

So what is the true religion? It is a form of worship that involves both our hearts and our power of reason, and motivates us to forgo ourselves to be compassionate and morally clean.

Wait... Power of reason? Forgo ourselves? Where is the 'why' for that?

"Therefore I appeal to you by the compassions of God, brothers, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, a sacred service with your power of reason."
- Romans 12:1

These are the Biblical "what" and "why" at least in part. What we each individually apply is up to each one of us.

Last edited:

Baladas

An Págánach
Every religion contains truth, but none of them are absolute truth.
I don't believe that there is an absolute truth that is fully within the reach of mankind.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
In my way of thinking, the true religion is within you, any religion that is found outside of you is just an idol.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I believe this is subjective. I mean, it is expected for followers of religions at some some point would say that the religion they follow is the one true religion.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I believe this is subjective. I mean, it is expected for followers of religions at some some point would say that the religion they follow is the one true religion.
I hate that, their so arrogant, its one reason I left my church who believed they were Gods remanent, and many more also do, good for the ego I suppose ?.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I hate that, their so arrogant, its one reason I left my church who believed they were Gods remanent, and many more also do, good for the ego I suppose ?.

I think it is okay for one to believe so as long as they don't impose it on others or demonize them for it.

mahasn ebn sawresho

True religion is the one who calls and declares love and peace
Buddhist teachings and even atheists if they declare peace and love
And declare the teachings of morality
Each idea or religious ideology in which the teachings of the fighting and killing and power , oppression, discrimination and religious persecution
And loot and rob women people is not our God, but is the devil

raph

The Religion before God is submission to His Will. Nor did the People of the Book dissent therefrom except through envy of each other, after knowledge had come to them. But if any deny the Signs of God, God is swift in calling to account.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Which is the true religion? Why?
I think Shiah Islam is the true religion.

For me Shaitan has already blinded my eyes and it is too late.
But for you it is not Alhamdullilah! Stay strong Ahi!
May Al-Wali protect you as He did not protect me in His Great Mercy.

...worms are so tasty looking when they just float around on hooks like that all wiggly.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member

...worms are so tasty looking when they just float around on hooks like that all wiggly.
You sure you should be eating worms? I mean, you had to wait for a rabbi to tell you whether or not you could eat a slightly-differently-coloured chicken. Who knows how unkosher a worm could be!

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

It is never too late in Islam as long as honesty is there :)