• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True To Yourself or True To Your God?

Rolling_Stone

Stating 'God' created law instantly implies there is the means to break them, which is inbuilt into his creation. Thus in effect 'God' did create sin and it was merely man that exercised the ability to break it.?
I don't see it. Creating the conditions that makes sin possible is not the same as creating sin. Sin is a matter of acting in a way that is inconsistent with nature of Reality at is most fundamental level (time is the manifestaton of mercy).

Omnipresent Truth

You know there is ;-)
While I understand what you're saying, that is not what my comment was in response to. The comment was that 'God' made Laws. The creation of the Laws themselves are what creates sin, since sin is the breaking of such laws. Since we all live in the relative world, actual views on what sinning is has the perceptual constraints like many other idea's.
I personally have the view that moral judgment is on a relative scale taking all variables into account. For instance, is it ok to kill another? War is an act of killing others without consent, to achieve a personal agenda. Then bring euthanasia into the fold where consent is given. Society has deemed war is ok, but euthanasia is not. Very strange that different conclusions have been drawn regarding such a basic LAW, especially since neither are given what most would consider the appropriate answer.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Suppose your favorite deity commanded you to do something that was not true to yourself? Would you be justified in not obeying your god because s/he commanded you to do something that was not true to yourself?

Suppose you believed your favorite deity had created you, and that, consequently, you are being true to your deity by being true to yourself. If you believed that, and your favorite deity commanded you to to do something that was not true to yourself, would you be justified in not obeying your god?

depends what the issue at hand is.

if the Deity in question is asking me to give something up for a period of time, though it goes against myself because i want that thing, maybe it is in my interest to go against myself here and follow the instuction of the Deity.

i don't know if i could apply that same reasoning to a bigger issue though, say like being instructed to drop a friend or give away large sums of money.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Being True to myself is the only thing that GOD expects and respects of me. It is the way that He recognizes and identifies me (Patrickism). He does not expect me to act or perform like anyone else and He is not impressed with the company or group of people that I keep.