• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump kicked off Colorado ballot

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
As others have pointed out--ostrich defense. You can't defend your position, so you simply ignore and reject any attempts to challenge it.
Oh I'm defending the position quite well , as well as others here on this thread that are doing a spectacular job as well.

The fact that you and others can't refute it and just always resort to personal comments tells volumes that your back is against the wall.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Oh I'm defending the position quite well , as well as others here on this thread that are doing a spectacular job as well.

The fact that you and others can't refute it and just always resort to personal comments tells volumes that your back is against the wall.

You replied to my post with "Sorry , I'm not buying that crazy tripe." That is not a refutation of my argument or a defense of your own. So, no, you are not defending your position at all. You are just refusing to engage in debate in a forum entitled "Political Debates".

Twilight Hue

You replied to my post with "Sorry , I'm not buying that crazy tripe." That is not a refutation of my argument or a defense of your own. So, no, you are not defending your position at all. You are just refusing to engage in debate in a forum entitled "Political Debates".
If you could be so inclined as to actually read , I would suggest to start at post one and continue on to the present post. You'll find all the answers in there from myself and others as well who are trying to correct your misguided and ridiculous view on the matter.

And yes we are doing quite well in defending our position that you so wantonly and ignorantly dismiss along with your ra ra fans.

So get to it. Read the thread again.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Sorry , I'm not buying that crazy tripe.
Are you still claiming double jeopardy?
If so, you have bought "that tripe" hook, line and sinker.

Are you still claiming "no due process"?

Perhaps if you were to spend one hundredth the energy you waste in your sad attempts at insult and put it into actually supporting your claims...

No worries.
Given your post history in this thread, ain't no one holding their breath.

Twilight Hue

Are you still claiming double jeopardy?

Are you still claiming "no due process"?

Perhaps if you were to spend one hundredth the energy you waste in your sad attempts at insult and put it into actually supporting your claims...

No worries.
Given your post history in this thread, ain't no one holding their breath.
It doesn't matter. You're just always talking nonsense anyways, and that carries absolutely no weight with me whatsoever.

Have a good day.

wellwisher

The district court ruled that the 14th amendment, Section 3 does not apply to presidents. The colorado supreme court overruled them and said that it does.

This is why the 14th amendment does not apply to presidents. If you read it it lists electors, people that have taken an oath of congress, officer of the US or member of state legislature, executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the US. It does not list the president or vice president in that list. So why would it apply to them? Here is the text:

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Show me where this applies to presidents.
The being said, aren't the Legislators of Colorado in violation and therefore need to be stripped of office and jailed trying to rebel against the Constitution by attempting to tamper with an election?

Insurrection is a rebellion against civil authority. like the riots of the summer of 2020, where there was organized rebellion against police authority. After Trump wins in 2024, he may need to revisit all those Democrats who encouraged violation of the 14th amendment and supported the violence and looting during the 2020 insurrection in all those states.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
The being said, aren't the Legislators of Colorado in violation and therefore need to be stripped of office and jailed trying to rebel against the Constitution by attempting to tamper with an election?

Insurrection is a rebellion against civil authority. like the riots of the summer of 2020, where there was organized rebellion against police authority. After Trump wins in 2024, he may need to revisit all those Democrats who encouraged violation of the 14th amendment and supported the violence and looting during the 2020 insurrection in all those states.

Clizby's post was addressed just a few posts later in Trump kicked off Colorado ballot by fantome profane. The words that included the president were set in bold:

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Like so many other defenders of Donald Trump, you simply ignore refutations and repeat your position as if it had not been refuted. Repeat a lie often enough, and people will come to believe that it is true. I think that Donald Trump has shown very effectively how the technique works. He is still repeating the lie that the 2020 election was stolen from him by Democrats.

The January 6 violent seizure of the Capitol Building was planned and organized. Oathkeepers and Proud Boys have been sentenced to jail sentences for being part of that planning and execution. Some of the protesters came well armed and equipped to take Congressional representatives hostages. There is no way to interpret what happened as some kind of spontaneous riot, and Donald Trump watched it unfold on TV for hours while refusing to use his authority to end it or defend the Constitutional process being carried out by Congress--the peaceful transfer of power to the winner of a free and fair presidential election.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
If Trump is guilty of insurrection, then why is he still walking free 3 years after the incident? Shouldn't he have been arrested immediately, and thrown in jail?
He's got a trial coming up.
I know why. Because it's not as crystal clear that he's guilty as the left wishes it were. In fact, there's no evidence that suggests he is more culpable than the Qanan influencers on social media, who actually organized the whole thing on their own.
He's got a trial coming up. He was also impeached for his actions on January 6th. There is a ton of evidence if you just open your eyes and take a look around. He was the one pushing the "the election was stolen" lie from Day One. Without him repeatedly and constantly pushing that lie, you've got no MAGA insurrection.
Give it up, people! End your witch hunts, it's far beyond ridiculous now.
There's a ton of evidence that Trump is guilty. Unlike with witches.

Go look up the slates of fake electors Trump & Co. set up across 7 different states.
Go look up how Trump's team breached voting machines in Georgia.
Go look up all the witnesses (mostly Trump's former lawyers) who have made plea deals and turned on him.
Go watch the January 6th Congressional hearings to learn something.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
And we have evidence that Trump, himself, was directly involved in organized resistance to the government?

How can we prove he was involved anymore than Joe Biden or anyone we choose to say?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

"Sorry , I'm not buying that crazy tripe." ... Is not a defense of anything at all. It's just a cop-out.

Twilight Hue

"Sorry , I'm not buying that crazy tripe." ... Is not a defense of anything at all. It's just a cop-out.
Only for you it is. Others see it as crazy tripe as well which of course it is.

I actually defend due process and freedom unlike other people here.