• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump kicked off Colorado ballot

Heyo

Veteran Member
No, it is corruption. The rulings were incredibly wrong. And where did Biden ever lie under oath? Maybe you meant Trump?
The rulings were wrong - from our point of view. That is indeed not corruption.
What is corruption is when Justices accept very expensive gifts (and not even declaring them). So, at least that form of corruption exists in the SCotUS.
The other form of corruption that might exist is much more difficult to prove. If it could be shown that the three Justices confirmed in Trumps term did conspire to overthrow Roe v. Wade and/or got paid for that that would also be corruption.

A third kind of corruption is not within the SCotUS but in the process of choosing Justices. Trump had basically sold his right to nominate judges and Justices to the Federalist Society in exchange for the Christian nationalist's vote.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
When he took office, but this is not about Biden.

When did he lie when he took the oath of office? "Lying under oath" is a specific thing in courts of law, as I understand it. I've never seen evidence Biden has lied under oath. But these kinds of accusations get thrown around all the time to deflect and minimize the serious crimes Trump and his ilk have committed. That way people can reduce their cognitive dissonance when they vote for him.

Clizby Wampuscat

Ok, fair enough. I will go back a...allot without any conviction of insurrection?
So I went to tis site and found some dialogue about the 14th amendment.

What MSNBC did was take a exchange from two senators before they passed the amendment. That was a debate. There are other exchanges about it not including the president or vice president. Why are those exchanges not referenced as well? There was also articles written after it was passed that it excluded the president and vice president. It was not clear then and it is not clear now if it does or does not include the president and vice president. So why would you defer to what the government says over protecting a citizens rights?

Other things worth noting, there is no good evidence that he supported an insurrection. Where has he been charged with that?

In the district court's decision it quotes Trumps Jan 6th speech but cherry picks teh quotes, many ellipses, and if it was a fair assessment then they would have included him saying march peaceably, something I could not find in the decision. This is also how you know the Jan 6th committee was a sham, nowhere can I find a reference to this quote of his on Jan 6th to march peaceably, nor did Trump get any chance to refute anything that was said on that committee. Texas could easily disqualify Biden from its ballot with the same process, claim he is supporting an insurrection by not enforcing immigration law as is his duty under the constitution. What is to stop them, it is self evident ya know.

Biden says it is self evident Trump supported an insurrection, so it seems that is the standard for guilt these days.

Bthoth

Biden says it is self evident Trump supported an insurrection, so it seems that is the standard for guilt these days.
I agree, I watched the videos of the jan 6 attack and then when trump turned on pence for doing his duty to ratify the election.

What I cannot measure is how simple minded a person would have to be to defend or support trump. My best solution is to remove the voting rights of any person that voted for him in 2016.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So I went to tis site and found some dialogue about the 14th amendment.

What MSNBC did was take a exchange from two senators before they passed the amendment. That was a debate. There are other exchanges about it not including the president or vice president. Why are those exchanges not referenced as well? There was also articles written after it was passed that it excluded the president and vice president. It was not clear then and it is not clear now if it does or does not include the president and vice president. So why would you defer to what the government says over protecting a citizens rights?

Other things worth noting, there is no good evidence that he supported an insurrection. Where has he been charged with that?

In the district court's decision it quotes Trumps Jan 6th speech but cherry picks teh quotes, many ellipses, and if it was a fair assessment then they would have included him saying march peaceably, something I could not find in the decision. This is also how you know the Jan 6th committee was a sham, nowhere can I find a reference to this quote of his on Jan 6th to march peaceably, nor did Trump get any chance to refute anything that was said on that committee. Texas could easily disqualify Biden from its ballot with the same process, claim he is supporting an insurrection by not enforcing immigration law as is his duty under the constitution. What is to stop them, it is self evident ya know.

Dude was the ringleader of the insurrection. Just ask his supporters, they'll tell you they were there on his behalf.
Without his constant and endlessly repeated claims about the election being stolen (that his supporters bought hook, line and sinker) there wouldn't have been an insurrection. The whole entire thing was about HIM staying in power.

Last edited:

Bthoth

Dude was the ringleader of the insurrection. Just ask his supporters, they'll tell you they were there on his behalf.
They were there because he told them to go there.
Without his claims constant and endlessly repeated claims about the election being stolen (that his supporters bought hook, line and sinker) there wouldn't have been an insurrection. The whole entire thing was about HIM staying in power.
The trump defenders should not be allowed to vote until screened for 'diminished capacity'.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
They were there because he told them to go there. The trump defenders should not be allowed to vote until screened for 'diminished capacity'.
Yep! That's what a bunch of them have said.
There's even footage from January 6th of one of the mob dude's screaming "We are listening to Trump, your boss!" at Capitol police.

His supporters seem to have an impenetrable cult mentality.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yes, the guy who concocted a scheme to never leave office even when he clearly lost, complete with false electors and voting machine breaches seems to me to be the guy who obviously doesn't have any respect for the democratic process. But that's just me, I guess.

I find it bizarre that anyone could interpret upholding the already existing laws and holding the above person and his co-conspirators accountable for the traitorous actions in a court of law, as anything close to totalitarian anything. Can you explain that?
Very creative. What did he do that was not free speech or within the law? We have yet to have a real conviction on any of these. (To quote what so many people said about Hillary even when she destroyed evidence)