• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump on Child Care Costs

Wandering Monk

"Well, I would do that, and we're sitting down, y'know, I was, uh, somebody, we had Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka, were so, uh, impactful on that issue. It's a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I'm talking about, that, because, look, childcare is childcare, is couldn't, y'know, there's something, you have to have it. In this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers I'm talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they're not used to, but they'll get used to it very quickly. And it's not gonna stop them from doing business with us, but they'll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we're talking about, including childcare, that it's gonna take care, we're gonna have, I, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with childcare, I want to stay with childcare, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I'm talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, uh, that I just told you about. We're gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as childcare, erm, is talked about as being expensive, it's relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we'll be taking in. We're gonna make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we'll worry about the rest of the world. Let's help other people, but we're gonna take care of our country first. This is about America first. It's about Make America Great Again. We have to do it because right now we're a failing nation. So we'll take care of it, thank you."

What a weave, flawless elocution, absolutely tremendous....

F1fan

Veteran Member
It's a waste of time to ask the criminal candidate anything at this point. His replies are incomprehensible strings of words. No rational mind can make any sense of it. At best it is there for entertainment value, but this guy is in an interview to be president. Rational find these answers more reason to not take him seriously. But MAGA voters must think his incoherent ramblings are some brilliant code. His mind is certainly in distress and he is less capale of coherent thought and expression. There is no reason to hire this guy to be president.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
It's a waste of time to ask the criminal candidate anything at this point. His replies are incomprehensible strings of words. No rational mind can make any sense of it. At best it is there for entertainment value, but this guy is in an interview to be president. Rational find these answers more reason to not take him seriously. But MAGA voters must think his incoherent ramblings are some brilliant code. His mind is certainly in distress and he is less capale of coherent thought and expression. There is no reason to hire this guy to be president.
Vance is young and assumably healthy and his response was equally appalling:

"One of the ways that you might be able to relieve a little bit of pressure on people who are paying so much for daycare is, maybe grandma or grandpa wants to help out a little bit more, or maybe there's an aunt or uncle that wants to help out a little bit more," said J.D. Vance. "If that happens, you relieve some of the pressure on all the resources that we're spending on daycare."

F1fan

Veteran Member

"One of the ways that you might be able to relieve a little bit of pressure on people who are paying so much for daycare is, maybe grandma or grandpa wants to help out a little bit more, or maybe there's an aunt or uncle that wants to help out a little bit more," said J.D. Vance. "If that happens, you relieve some of the pressure on all the resources that we're spending on daycare."
As if grandparents don't already help. Let's note that grandparents often have more than one child themselves, and many multiples of grandchildren. How can they cover childcare and take care of their own lives? Vance's ideas are rather idealistic and narrow. His idea here can only work if there are few grandkids, and are close enough to the family so that travel isn't too much of a burden.

And his ideas mean fewer kids in daycare, so less business for those providers. Why doesn't he come up with more practical solutions?

Spice

As if grandparents don't already help. Let's note that grandparents often have more than one child themselves, and many multiples of grandchildren. How can they cover childcare and take care of their own lives? Vance's ideas are rather idealistic and narrow. His idea here can only work if there are few grandkids, and are close enough to the family so that travel isn't too much of a burden.

And his ideas mean fewer kids in daycare, so less business for those providers. Why doesn't he come up with more practical solutions?
Not to mention the fact that grandparents are often times still employed outside the home themselves.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
"Well, I would do that, and we're sitting down, y'know, I was, uh, somebody, we had Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka, were so, uh, impactful on that issue. It's a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I'm talking about, that, because, look, childcare is childcare, is couldn't, y'know, there's something, you have to have it. In this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers I'm talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they're not used to, but they'll get used to it very quickly. And it's not gonna stop them from doing business with us, but they'll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we're talking about, including childcare, that it's gonna take care, we're gonna have, I, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with childcare, I want to stay with childcare, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I'm talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, uh, that I just told you about. We're gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as childcare, erm, is talked about as being expensive, it's relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we'll be taking in. We're gonna make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we'll worry about the rest of the world. Let's help other people, but we're gonna take care of our country first. This is about America first. It's about Make America Great Again. We have to do it because right now we're a failing nation. So we'll take care of it, thank you."

Yikes...

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

I think we should all answer questions like this.

Mr Trump, what ice cream flavour would you like?
"Well, I absolutely could pick a flavour, y'know. We're discussing flavours right now. I was talking with my daughter, Ivanka, and she said - I'll never forget this - she told me 'Daddy, they have mint chocolate chip', and I think it's important that we remember that. We ought to remember that. But then I noticed they had rum raisin, and I thought to myself 'that's a flavour of ice cream'. I remember that very clearly, I have a good memory, and I remember having rum raisin and thinking 'this is not so bad'. But you look at the price of these things and it's two, what, two dollars for a scoop? What is that? What's a scoop? Three dollars fifty for two scoops? That's not bad. But I love American ice cream. American ice cream is the best. So we'll be looking at flavour of ice cream, but whatever flavour we go with, it'll definitely be an American ice cream, I can tell you that much. Unless it's a gelato or something, I don't know if there's a difference. But we're gonna put our country first. America first. And we're gonna have a decision, and that decision will be the one we make, and it will be the best decision for America, because right now ice cream parlours are failing. So we'll take care of it, thank you."

One of the ways that you might be able to relieve a little bit of pressure on people who are paying so much for daycare is, maybe grandma or grandpa wants to help out a little bit more, or maybe there's an aunt or uncle that wants to help out a little bit more," said J.D. Vance. "If that happens, you relieve some of the pressure on all the resources that we're spending on daycare."

Amazed no one has thought of that before

Who_Are_You_Who_Are_So_Wise_In_The_Ways_Of_Science_Banner.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Practical unless Grandfather and grandmother are so poor they barely can feed themselves.

Maybe find a way so that common people have a little more money in their pockets instead of strangers being forced to pay for someone else's kids. Meaning kids under working age.

Spice

Practical unless Grandfather and grandmother are so poor they barely can feed themselves.

Maybe find a way so that common people have a little more money in their pockets instead of strangers being forced to pay for someone else's kids. Meaning kids under working age.
Not practical in today's family dynamics. I wonder if Vance would want his mother to care of his kids? She didn't take care of her own. He's spouting an ideal family he always envied and dreamed of, not reality which is a shame considering what he lived. He has "issues" and I hope he can find his way.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Or perhaps they still work, because that's the world we live in these days.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not practical in today's family dynamics. I wonder if Vance would want his mother to care of his kids? She didn't take care of her own. He's spouting an ideal family he always envied and dreamed of, not reality which is a shame considering what he lived. He has "issues" and I hope he can find his way.
I'm sure family members even wouldn't want to pay for somebody else's kids even if family. The solution would start with addressing the degradation of middle class income and the total damage alongside the issues that rose because of it.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Both my daughters are able to stay home with their kids, thankfully. I mean, it's required some sacrifice but it's been well worth it.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Didn't care to answer the question in the OP, huh?