• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump on Child Care Costs

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
"Well, I would do that, and we're sitting down, y'know, I was, uh, somebody, we had Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka, were so, uh, impactful on that issue. It's a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I'm talking about, that, because, look, childcare is childcare, is couldn't, y'know, there's something, you have to have it. In this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers I'm talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they're not used to, but they'll get used to it very quickly. And it's not gonna stop them from doing business with us, but they'll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we're talking about, including childcare, that it's gonna take care, we're gonna have, I, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with childcare, I want to stay with childcare, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I'm talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, uh, that I just told you about. We're gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as childcare, erm, is talked about as being expensive, it's relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we'll be taking in. We're gonna make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we'll worry about the rest of the world. Let's help other people, but we're gonna take care of our country first. This is about America first. It's about Make America Great Again. We have to do it because right now we're a failing nation. So we'll take care of it, thank you."

What a weave, flawless elocution, absolutely tremendous....
You beat me to it, ya scum! I had all the words finally typed out, then noticed you posted.

Well done! :cool:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I was talking about the grandparents.

I'm not in love with my first pay cheque.
Well it's good i wasn't referring directly to one's grandparents and ones paycheck.

I'm not in love with my paychecks either, but I never forgot the experience of receiving my first paycheck. ;0)

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Well it's good i wasn't referring directly to one's grandparents and ones paycheck.

I'm not in love with my paychecks either, but I never forgot the experience of receiving my first paycheck. ;0)
I don't remember my first paycheck, but I remember my first pay for services rendered. I was maybe 8, and picked cotton after school with my brothers for a whole week, right up to dark. When the farmer came by to weigh and pay, I got a dime. Never picked cotton again. My dad thought it was funny. That's when I was sent to the kitchen as they used to say.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I don't remember my first paycheck, but I remember my first pay for services rendered. I was maybe 8, and picked cotton after school with my brothers for a whole week, right up to dark. When the farmer came by to weigh and pay, I got a dime. Never picked cotton again. My dad thought it was funny. That's when I was sent to the kitchen as they used to say.
I wouldn't either for a dime. But I'm sure it was unforgettable all the same.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Yikes!

I used to have a paper route on the wealthiest street in town. I cleaned up with $20 tips from everybody every week. Christmas time was a dream. Cha-ching! LOL

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I did answer it.

Didn't care to acknowledge the answer I gave to the op. Huh? Oh yeah. That's right. I never addressed the op in the first place.
No, you did not answer it. You answered a question about something Vance said, in your Post #14. You did not tell us what you think Donald Trump himself was saying in his total nonsense response to a very easy question on childcare.

That, "what did Trump mean in his word salad," is the subject of the thread.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
So ... nobody has any idea what he's talking about, right?
Nobody has any clue whatsoever what his childcare plan is, right? Like, are we seriously calling this rambling gibberish sandwich he said there, an actual "plan?" What's the plan????

And to all who were so adamant that Joe Biden is in cognitive decline for behaving similarly, those same people are just going to turn their heads and pretend that Trump actually said something here that made any kind of sense?

Ponder This

Can someone tell me what his actual answer was? If this is any indication, he is going to ruin his campaign if he rambles like this at the debate next week.

"Well, I would do that, and we're sitting down, y'know, I was, uh, somebody, we had Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka, were so, uh, impactful on that issue. It's a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I'm talking about, that, because, look, childcare is childcare, is couldn't, y'know, there's something, you have to have it. In this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers I'm talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they're not used to, but they'll get used to it very quickly. And it's not gonna stop them from doing business with us, but they'll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we're talking about, including childcare, that it's gonna take care, we're gonna have, I, I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with childcare, I want to stay with childcare, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I'm talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just, uh, that I just told you about. We're gonna be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as childcare, erm, is talked about as being expensive, it's relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we'll be taking in. We're gonna make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we'll worry about the rest of the world. Let's help other people, but we're gonna take care of our country first. This is about America first. It's about Make America Great Again. We have to do it because right now we're a failing nation. So we'll take care of it, thank you."

What a weave, flawless elocution, absolutely tremendous....

TL;DR: The economic growth from Trump policies, which include tariffs, mean that affording child care won't be an issue for most Americans, and Rubio and Invanka have both been impactful on the issue.

Did everyone understand the question that was asked? I know she used more than a few words to ask her question. Is anybody confused as to what she asked?

TL;DR: child care is expensive, what are you going to do about it?

Sometimes, when you want to understand what people are saying, you have to sit quietly and listen to them speak. It is very helpful to learn to extend your attention span to accommodate more than a few sentences of speech. I know this can be particularly difficult for online users who have accustomed themselves to watching very short clips, but don't let that discourage you. Taking time away from online (and other) activities to sit quietly in meditation can improve the quality of your attention.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
TL;DR: The economic growth from Trump policies, which include tariffs, mean that affording child care won't be an issue for most Americans, and Rubio and Invanka have both been impactful on the issue.
That makes zero sense and doesn't bear out in reality.

What did they do, exactly? Who knows. Trump doesn't seem to know either.
Did everyone understand the question that was asked? I know she used more than a few words to ask her question. Is anybody confused as to what she asked?

TL;DR: child care is expensive, what are you going to do about it?

Sometimes, when you want to understand what people are saying, you have to sit quietly and listen to them speak. It is very helpful to learn to extend your attention span to accommodate more than a few sentences of speech. I know this can be particularly difficult for online users who have accustomed themselves to watching very short clips, but don't let that discourage you. Taking time away from online (and other) activities to sit quietly in meditation can improve the quality of your attention.
LOL What he said was absolute gibberish, whether stated orally or in writing.
Do you think none of us sat and watched him blurt out this gibberish sandwich? That we're all just relying on soundbites? Save us your lectures.

I wonder what you'd be saying if this were Kamala's response to a question.

Ponder This

That makes zero sense and doesn't bear out in reality.

Do you think none of us sat and watched him blurt out this gibberish sandwich? That we're all just relying on soundbites? Save us your lectures.

I wonder what you'd be saying if this were Kamala's response to a question.

Kamala is perfectly capable of answering questions just as well. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise. It's okay to be skeptical, but being skeptical isn't an excuse for laziness on your part.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.

I remember mine so well! I was paid minimum wage which was at the time around $2 an hour. I remember thinking I was so rich!

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Cuz you know, I had like more than $200 and I was fifteen. LOL that was for about two weeks of working part time but nearly full time.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Kamala is perfectly capable of answering questions just as well. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise. It's okay to be skeptical, but being skeptical isn't an excuse for laziness on your part.
This was in response to, "That makes zero sense and doesn't bear out in reality.

I wonder what you'd be saying if this were Kamala's response to a question."

:shrug:????