• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump trial proves to be political after all

Laniakea

Not of this world

Nothing says, "This is political" like the president of the United States sending a democrat activist to Trump's court trial (along with a few exploited Capitol cops) just as the jury is hearing closing arguments.

We Never Know

No Slack

Nothing says, "This is political" like the president of the United States sending a democrat activist to Trump's court trial (along with a few exploited Capitol cops) just as the jury is hearing closing arguments.

Of course its political. They are trying to refocus the election back to Jan 6th.

"WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden’s campaign on Tuesday showed up outside former President Donald Trump’s New York City criminal hush money trial with actor Robert De Niro and a pair of former police officers in an effort to refocus the presidential race on the former president’s role in the Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol insurrection.

It was a sharp about-face for Biden’s team, which had largely ignored the trial since it began six weeks ago and is now looking to capitalize on its drama-filled closing moments, sending the “Goodfellas” actor and the first responders who were at the Capitol on Jan. 6. Biden’s campaign had been wary about feeding into Trump’s argument that his criminal trials were the result of politically motivated prosecutions, but ultimately it decided to engage because its message about the stakes of the election was struggling to break through the intense focus on the trial"

F1fan

Veteran Member

Haha, as if all the MAGA politicians, who were dressed in Trump costumes, and lying about the trial in front of the court wasn’t the real political abuse.

Laniakea

Not of this world
Haha, as if all the MAGA politicians, who were dressed in Trump costumes, and lying about the trial in front of the court wasn’t the real political abuse.
Private citizens showing support is democracy.
A democrat president sending activists to his rival's trial shortly before an election is election interference, and very much political.

Biden clearly knows the MSM will back him up. Too bad he's also counting on the citizens of this country to not notice what's really going on. No wonder Trump managed to draw a huge crowd of supporters (black and hispanic) at a New York rally. Even New Yorkers can see through the political crap from Biden and his judge friends.

Laniakea

Not of this world
A piece of reprehensible political scum is being tried for political malfeasance and you've deduced that the Trump trial proves to be political after all. Just brilliant.
You conveniently forgot about Biden sending his activists to the trial to show us all how political it all is.
I realize it's been 18 minutes since I posted the OP, so I can understand how easy it is to forget.

We Never Know

No Slack
A piece of reprehensible political scum is being tried for political malfeasance and you've deduced that the Trump trial proves to be political after all. Just brilliant.

If they had went there for the hush money trial itself, I would mostly agree with you.

But that isn't why they went there.
They went ....."in an effort to refocus the presidential race on the former president’s role in the Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol insurrection"

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
You conveniently forgot about Biden sending his activists to the trial to show us all how political it all is.
How Biden might seek to leverage the trial is secondary to the question of Trump's guilt.

I realize it's been 18 minutes since I posted the OP, so I can understand how easy it is to forget.
You're so adorable when you try to be clever. :glomp:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What evidence is there that Biden sent them?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Of course its political. They are trying to refocus the election back to Jan 6th.

"WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden’s campaign on Tuesday showed up outside former President Donald Trump’s New York City criminal hush money trial with actor Robert De Niro and a pair of former police officers in an effort to refocus the presidential race on the former president’s role in the Jan. 6, 2021, U.S. Capitol insurrection.

It was a sharp about-face for Biden’s team, which had largely ignored the trial since it began six weeks ago and is now looking to capitalize on its drama-filled closing moments, sending the “Goodfellas” actor and the first responders who were at the Capitol on Jan. 6. Biden’s campaign had been wary about feeding into Trump’s argument that his criminal trials were the result of politically motivated prosecutions, but ultimately it decided to engage because its message about the stakes of the election was struggling to break through the intense focus on the trial"

It's the only issue they have left to run on.
The economy? Inflation? No! January 6th!!!
How about jobs, national security, crime, the border being overrun? Nope! January 6th!!!

When Biden's camp pain ads (not a typo) come out, count on each and every one being about January 6th, even though most people are more concerned about life at the present moment, and what the next 4 years are going to be like, and if we'll even have a sovereign country left afterwards.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Private citizens showing support is democracy.
A democrat president sending activists to his rival's trial shortly before an election is election interference, and very much political.

Biden clearly knows the MSM will back him up. Too bad he's also counting on the citizens of this country to not notice what's really going on. No wonder Trump managed to draw a huge crowd of supporters (black and hispanic) at a New York rally. Even New Yorkers can see through the political crap from Biden and his judge friends.
Once again, where is the evidence that Biden sent DeNiro? Clearly he is a Biden supporter. I am not arguing against that. But it seems more likely that DeNiro sent himself.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
AP News laid it all out for you:

Biden campaign sends allies De Niro and first responders to Trump’s NY trial to put focus on Jan. 6​

The AP appears to be jumping to conclusions since they did not show any support for this claim. There is no doubt that members of the Biden Campaign went to New York City. I have as yet to see any evidence that Biden sent them

Laniakea

Not of this world
Once again, where is the evidence that Biden sent DeNiro? Clearly he is a Biden supporter. I am not arguing against that. But it seems more likely that DeNiro sent himself.
Are you saying AP News lied? Maybe AP News has gone Right Wing!

But then again, other liberal "news" organizations can't be going the same way, could they?

ABC News: Biden campaign sends allies De Niro and first responders to Trump's NY trial to put focus on Jan. 6

NBC News: Robert De Niro and Biden campaign slam Trump outside NYC hush money trial

Politico: https://www.politico.com/news/2024/...obert-de-niro-trump-trial-courthouse-00160139

New York Times: Robert De Niro, as Biden Surrogate, Says Trump ‘Absolutely’ Should Go to Jail

Yep, just a bunch of Right-Wing organizations. LOL!

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
It's the only issue they have left to run on.
The economy? Inflation? No! January 6th!!!
How about jobs, national security, crime, the border being overrun? Nope! January 6th!!!

When Biden's camp pain ads (not a typo) come out, count on each and every one being about January 6th, even though most people are more concerned about life at the present moment, and what the next 4 years are going to be like, and if we'll even have a sovereign country left afterwards.
I think somebody is upset about a fraud and a crook that fomented an insurrection against the government because he couldn't handle losing power being called out for his actions. ;)

Democrats should be talking about this. Every single day.

Laniakea

Not of this world
I think somebody is upset about a fraud and a crook that fomented an insurrection against the government because he couldn't handle losing power being called out for his actions. ;)

Democrats should be talking about this. Every single day.
Of course! It's the only narrative they think people will fall for. Gotta use it! It's not like they can talk about any accomplishments biden has had over the past 4 years since he doesn't have any. ;)