• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth: either God exists or He don't.

The problem is that "God has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt" to others too. And those beliefs are extremely different from yours. You both can't be right. But you could both be wrong. People that are afraid to test their beliefs seem to be wrong far more often than those with real confidence. If you actually knew that you were right you would have no fear of testing. Your actions do not match your stated beliefs.
Tested daily for the last 30 years, God is faithful to His promises. On the other hand do you even know what your looking for?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Tested daily for the last 30 years, God is faithful to His promises. On the other hand do you even know what your looking for?
Not properly tested. That is the problem. You all but confirmed that it was just confirmation bias.

I am not actively looking for anything right now. I am merely trying to limit the damage caused by others.

The question will still be there. And when you react improperly with people with other beliefs the question may arise again.
It’s interesting that you have some sense of right and wrong, justice, a conscience etc. wonder where that comes from? Oh man, shouldn’t have brought that up cause could take a month to flesh that out.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It’s interesting that you have some sense of right and wrong, justice, a conscience etc. wonder where that comes from? Oh man, shouldn’t have brought that up cause could take a month to flesh that out.
It is a natural product of evolution. Other animals have a sense of right and wrong too. Did their ancient ancestors eat the apple too?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

It certainly does NOT come from a belief in God nor in a religion.

It is more based on the simple fact that humans are a social species and social species need rules of conduct. Otherwise, they go extinct.

It certainly does NOT come from a belief in God nor in a religion.

It is more based on the simple fact that humans are a social species and social species need rules of conduct. Otherwise, they go extinct.
Definitely didn’t come from belief in God or religion because God is, and Created all these things, including laws, which is where we get sense of right and wrong. It’s all described in His Book that He gave us to understand and know Him.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Definitely didn’t come from belief in God or religion because God is, and Created all these things, including laws, which is where we get sense of right and wrong. It’s all described in His Book that He gave us to understand and know Him.

There you go again taking on a burden of proof that you refuse to deal with.

You don't know that is God's book. You have said as much. You only believe that. Why should anyone believe you?

You’ll have to read Genesis, explains all that

I have read it. And we know that book is not literally true. I need to remind you that you left the discussion on that when it was becoming obvious to you that you were wrong.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Such is your claim. But there is no actual evidence that is the case. No evidence of a God. No evidence your Book is describing the 'true' God, no evidence that the universe was created. Nothing except for your faith in these things.

Which is fine: you can believe whatever you want. but that isn't going to be convincing to others unless you can provide evidence.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
You’ll have to read Genesis, explains all that

Or you could read some other creation myth. Those will 'explain' things in a different way.

But they are *myths*. They are NOT based on facts or evidence. They are stories made up by people to comfort themselves. Genesis also has some nice pieces of propaganda, of course.

There you go again taking on a burden of proof that you refuse to deal with.

You don't know that is God's book. You have said as much. You only believe that. Why should anyone believe you?

I have read it. And we know that book is not literally true. I need to remind you that you left the discussion on that when it was becoming obvious to you that you were wrong.
Obviously you don’t understand the Bible but say what you will.

Such is your claim. But there is no actual evidence that is the case. No evidence of a God. No evidence your Book is describing the 'true' God, no evidence that the universe was created. Nothing except for your faith in these things.

Which is fine: you can believe whatever you want. but that isn't going to be convincing to others unless you can provide evidence.
Do I need to convince? I’m not called to, just witness to people what God has done in my life, if God has opened their hearts and want eternal life the I can lead them there. You’re not there, you have your own path.

Or you could read some other creation myth. Those will 'explain' things in a different way.

But they are *myths*. They are NOT based on facts or evidence. They are stories made up by people to comfort themselves. Genesis also has some nice pieces of propaganda, of course.
Brother, your view of Creation is speculation and doesn’t make sense which we already talked about at length.

What proof are you looking for? If I saw this I would know for sure and have my proof?

Explain the test you performed on the origin of life,
A brief description of the experiment or however you believe it happened and who was involved

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Obviously you don’t understand the Bible but say what you will.
I probably understand it better than you do. You are merely putting it through a very personal filter. Now I understand that early Hebrews would have believed the myths of Genesis. I can understand it from several viewpoints. I can understand it from the viewpoint that a God that does not lie exists and inspired it. I do not think that you can do that.

I probably understand it better than you do. You are merely putting it through a very personal filter. Now I understand that early Hebrews would have believed the myths of Genesis. I can understand it from several viewpoints. I can understand it from the viewpoint that a God that does not lie exists and inspired it. I do not think that you can do that.
Well you did ask, did the animals eat the apple, which doesn’t say it was an apple, also doesn’t say the animals would’ve eaten of the forbidden fruit. Mankind sinned and brought a curse on the earth.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Explain the test you performed on the origin of life,
A brief description of the experiment or however you believe it happened and who was involved
There has not been one test. There have been countless tests of different parts of the origin of life. Quite a few of them have been successful. You surely know of the first one. The Miller-Urey experiment is almost universally known:

Miller–Urey experiment - Wikipedia

There cannot be one single test for such a complex event. Abiogenesis has been broken down into separate problems. Some of them have been solved, some have not been. That is why it is still in the hypothetical stage and not a theory as of yet.