• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two questions for Creationists

camanintx

Evolutionists who claim life has the ability to evolve must prove that claim.
In order to evolve, an object needs to be able reproduce and mutate. Since both of these properties have been repeatedly observed in living organisms, it's safe to say this claim has been proven.

johnhanks

... The fact that many who profess belief in some god also believe in evolution does not make the theory any more convincing. People tend to follow the crowd, and ToE proponents have been marketing their theory relentlessly for at least 150 years.
At least 150 years! And biblical creation has only been 'marketed' for some 4000 years! How could it hope to compete?

Well, one tried and tested way in the good old days was to set new standards for 'relentlessness'. After all, how many people have been stoned to death or burned at the stake for disputing evolution? Or even threatened with damnation and eternal torment? When it comes to relentless marketing, science has a lot to learn from old-time religion.

shawn001

Sadiya,that website was plain idiotic in regards to science and does not presents the facts in the slightest. Evolution is a conspiracy. Wow

Written by someone who has no clue about any of the sciences.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Peace be upon you,and may Allah guide us to the right path.amen!
For all the evolutionists out there I insist that you must visit this url:-

www.discoveringislam.org/evolution_vs_islam.htm
:facepalm:

What are the chances?
That is his big refute to evolution?

Wow.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member

Charles Darwin writes in a letter to his friend,

“Firstly, why, if species have descended from other species by insensibly fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms? Why is not all nature in confusion instead of the species being, as we see them, well defined?”

He also wrote:

“Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory
blatant misquote. it also then says this
The two first heads shall be here discussed Instinct and Hybridism in separate chapters.
he goes on to answer the questions he asks... sooo yeah out of context much?

shawn001

“Firstly, why, if species have descended from other species by insensibly fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms? Why is not all nature in confusion instead of the species being, as we see them, well defined?”

He also wrote:

“Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory

"

150 years ago. Evolution has been tested, observed and retested. DNA has proven it. Your body has proven it. All modern medicince is based on it, and without it biological genetics wouldn't make sense.

Not to mention the element carbon your made out of came from super novas, as did the entire solar system from recycled material.

Not to mention there have been five mass exitintion events on earth and life evolved back.

We also found the gene that seperates us from the apes.

[youtube]8FGYzZOZxMw[/youtube]
Ken Miller Human Chromosome 2 Genome - YouTube

The oxygen your breathing is because of Evolution, from cynobacteria 3.8 billion years ago that evolved photosynthesis and why the earth has an oxygen atmophere today. The earth's atmophere was not like it is today.

The bacteria in your body evolved a symbiotic relationship and you could not survive without it.

Geology has proven the earth is 4.57 billion years old.

The new human evolution website from the new 20+ million dollar museam hall at the smithsonian.
Evidence of Evolution
Scientists have discovered a wealth of evidence concerning human evolution, and this evidence comes in many forms. Thousands of human fossils enable researchers and students to study the changes that occurred in brain and body size, locomotion, diet, and other aspects regarding the way of life of early human species over the past 6 million years. Millions of stone tools, figurines and paintings, footprints, and other traces of human behavior in the prehistoric record tell about where and how early humans lived and when certain technological innovations were invented. Study of human genetics show how closely related we are to other primates – in fact, how connected we are with all other organisms – and can indicate the prehistoric migrations of our species, Homo sapiens, all over the world. Advances in the dating of fossils and artifacts help determine the age of those remains, which contributes to the big picture of when different milestones in becoming human evolved.

Exciting scientific discoveries continually add to the broader and deeper public knowledge of human evolution. Find out about the latest evidence in our What’s Hot in Human Origins section.
Behavior
Explore the evidence of early human behavior—from ancient footprints to stone tools and the earliest symbols and art – along with similarities and differences in the behavior of other primate species.
3D Collection
Explore our 3D collection of fossils and artifacts.
Human Fossils
From skeletons to teeth, early human fossils have been found of more than 6,000 individuals. Look into our digital 3-D collection and learn about fossil human species.
Genetics
Our genes offer evidence of how closely we are related to one another – and of our species’ connection with all other organisms.
Dating
The layers that contain fossils and archeological clues can be dated by more than a dozen techniques that use the basic principles of physics, chemistry, and Earth sciences. Some techniques can even estimate the age of the ancient teeth and bones directly. Advances in dating have made human evolution very exciting!

Human Evolution by The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

One Species, Living Worldwide
The billions of human beings living today all belong to one species: Homo sapiens.
As in all species, there is variation among individual human beings, from size and shape to skin tone and eye color. But we are much more alike than we are different. We are, in fact, remarkably similar. The DNA of all human beings living today is 99.9% alike.
We all have roots extending back 200,000 years to the emergence of the first modern humans in Africa, and back more than 6 million years to the evolution of the earliest human species in Africa. This amazing story of adaptation and survival is written in the language of our genes, in every cell of our bodies—as well as in the fossil and behavioral evidence.
This ancient heritage is yours.
Explore the origins of modern humans in Africa about 200,000 years ago and celebrate our species’ epic journey around the world in this video: "One Species, Living Worldwide."
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/one-species-living- worldwide

New Research Confirms 'Out Of Africa' Theory Of Human Evolution

Homo sapiens originated in Africa 150,000 years ago and began to migrate 55,000 to 60,000 years ago. It is thought he arrived in Australia around 45,000 years before present (BP). Australia was, at the time, already colonised by homo erectus. This dispersal, from Africa to Australia through Arabia, Asia and the Malay peninsula, could have occurred at a rate of 1km per year. (Credit: Image courtesy of University Of Cambridge)

DNA Agrees With All the Other Science: Darwin Was Right
Molecular biologist Sean Carroll shows how evolution happens, one snippet of DNA at a time

One of the great triumphs of modern evolutionary science, evo devo addresses many of the key questions that were unanswerable when Charles Darwin published On the Origin of Species in 1859, and Carroll has become a leader in this nascent field. Now a professor of molecular biology and genetics at the University of Wisconsin, he continues to decode the genes that control life’s physical forms and to explore how mutations in those genes drive evolutionary change. These days, Carroll also devotes increasing energy to telling the public about his field’s remarkable discoveries through a series of books—Endless Forms Most Beautiful, The Making of the Fittest, and the brand-new Remarkable Creatures. He spoke with DISCOVER senior editor Pamela Weintraub about what his work has taught him about Darwin, the nature of evolution, and how life really works.
It has been 150 years since Charles Darwin proposed his theory of evolution in On the Origin of Species, yet in some ways the concept of evolution seems more controversial than ever today. Why do you think that is?

It is a cultural issue, not a scientific one. On the science side our confidence grows yearly because we see independent lines of evidence converge. What we’ve learned from the fossil record is confirmed by the DNA record and confirmed again by embryology. But people have been raised to disbelieve evolution and to hold other ideas more precious than this knowledge. At the same time, we routinely rely on DNA to convict and exonerate criminals. We rely on DNA science for things like paternity. We rely on DNA science in the clinic to weigh our disease risks or maybe even to look at prognoses for things like cancer. DNA science surrounds us, but in this one realm we seem unwilling to accept its facts. Juries are willing to put people to death based upon the variations in DNA, but they’re not willing to understand the mechanism that creates that variation and shapes what makes humans different from other things. It’s a blindness. I think this is a phase that we’ll eventually get through. Other countries have come to peace with DNA. I don’t know how many decades or centuries it’s going to take us.
DNA Agrees With All the Other Science: Darwin Was Right | Evolution | DISCOVER Magazine

They Don't Make Homo Sapiens Like They Used To
Our species—and individual races—have recently made big evolutionary changes to adjust to new pressures.

They Don't Make Homo Sapiens Like They Used To | Human Evolution | DISCOVER Magazine

Hundreds of Human Genes Still Evolving
A comprehensive scan of the human genome finds that hundreds of our genes have undergone positive natural selection during the past 10,000 years of human evolution.

Hundreds of Human Genes Still Evolving | LiveScience

"a joint statement of IAP by 68 national and international science academies lists as established scientific fact that Earth is approximately 4.6 billion years old and has undergone continual change; that life, according to the evidence of earliest fossils, appeared on Earth at least 3.8 billion years ago and has subsequently taken many forms, all of which continue to evolve; and that the genetic code of all organisms living today, including humans, clearly indicates their common primordial origin"

So tell me why are we still evolving?

F0uad

I find myself Dr. Laurence Brown, Hamza Andreas Tzortzis andRecently Shabir Ally all three having Good points against Atheism.

Hamza Andreas Tzortzis already has debated many Atheist and Agnostics in the past and he does it very good. I think you first have to ''Debate'' Cause and Effect of creation before you can discuss topics such Evolution what has nothing to do with God.

Now in the way of Evolution of HUMANS you can always give counter questions such as
Why is it when somebody dies and hes souls leaves him the body weighs less.
Why can people not live without a soul because its been proven that people with fully functional who have healthy organs still die.

And there are many, many, many more

But again you have to attack the point of creation of the first thing created before you can go on to evolution, you can be a Theist and still belief in evolution that's why.

Last edited:

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member

He also wrote:

That's not from "a letter to his friend". The above quotes are lifted directly from On The Origin of Species and Darwin answers both of those questions therein.

This is no different than people quoting the "To suppose the eye..." part from the Origin without the "Yet, reason tells me..." portion that follows.

Quote-mining someone's words to say the exact opposite of what they intended is dishonest and throws your credibility under a bus. Do some research before you post to be certain your sources have their information correct. A little work now can save you a lot of trouble in the future.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I find myself Dr. Laurence Brown, Hamza Andreas Tzortzis andRecently Shabir Ally all three having Good points against Atheism.

Hamza Andreas Tzortzis already has debated many Atheist and Agnostics in the past and he does it very good. I think you first have to ''Debate'' Cause and Effect of creation before you can discuss topics such Evolution what has nothing to do with God.

Now in the way of Evolution of HUMANS you can always give counter questions such as
Why can people not live without a soul because its been proven that people with fully functional who have healthy organs still die.

And there are many, many, many more

But again you have to attack the point of creation of the first thing created before you can go on to evolution, you can be a Theist and still belief in evolution that's why.
Why the need to bring atheism into the discussion? There are many theists who accept biological evolution.

As for the "proof of the soul" bit. Again, that has nothing to do with biological evolution, and the conclusion does not necessarily follow the evidence.

Rather than bringing up strawmen, why not produce evidence of the creation of human beings as is.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I expect exactly the same kind of reply from the people who have completely shun logic,knowledge and rationality.Your knowledge about science seems so limited and flawed.I am sure u have'nt read the article carefully and with an unbiased approach otherwise u would have understood.

Anyways i ve got one more url if you would visit it. It has many documentaries and articles regarding evolution:

1)Harun Yahya
Sorry.
I have had my daily limit of bull **** for the day.

Perhaps on the morrow I can check it out.

Looks like one visit to that site will fulfill my daily limit of bull ****.

shawn001

I expect exactly the same kind of reply from the people who have completely shun logic,knowledge and rationality.Your knowledge about science seems so limited and flawed.I am sure u have'nt read the article carefully and with an unbiased approach otherwise u would have understood.

Anyways i ve got one more url if you would visit it. It has many documentaries and articles regarding evolution:

1)Harun Yahya

That was your reply to this?

Not to mention the element carbon your made out of came from super novas, as did the entire solar system from recycled material.

Not to mention there have been five mass exitintion events on earth and life evolved back.

We also found the gene that seperates us from the apes.

[youtube]8FGYzZOZxMw[/youtube]
Ken Miller Human Chromosome 2 Genome - YouTube

The oxygen your breathing is because of Evolution, from cynobacteria 3.8 billion years ago that evolved photosynthesis and why the earth has an oxygen atmophere today. The earth's atmophere was not like it is today.

The bacteria in your body evolved a symbiotic relationship and you could not survive without it.

Geology has proven the earth is 4.57 billion years old.

The new human evolution website from the new 20+ million dollar museam hall at the smithsonian.
Evidence of Evolution
Scientists have discovered a wealth of evidence concerning human evolution, and this evidence comes in many forms. Thousands of human fossils enable researchers and students to study the changes that occurred in brain and body size, locomotion, diet, and other aspects regarding the way of life of early human species over the past 6 million years. Millions of stone tools, figurines and paintings, footprints, and other traces of human behavior in the prehistoric record tell about where and how early humans lived and when certain technological innovations were invented. Study of human genetics show how closely related we are to other primates – in fact, how connected we are with all other organisms – and can indicate the prehistoric migrations of our species, Homo sapiens, all over the world. Advances in the dating of fossils and artifacts help determine the age of those remains, which contributes to the big picture of when different milestones in becoming human evolved.

Exciting scientific discoveries continually add to the broader and deeper public knowledge of human evolution. Find out about the latest evidence in our What’s Hot in Human Origins section.
Behavior
Explore the evidence of early human behavior—from ancient footprints to stone tools and the earliest symbols and art – along with similarities and differences in the behavior of other primate species.
3D Collection
Explore our 3D collection of fossils and artifacts.
Human Fossils
From skeletons to teeth, early human fossils have been found of more than 6,000 individuals. Look into our digital 3-D collection and learn about fossil human species.
Genetics
Our genes offer evidence of how closely we are related to one another – and of our species’ connection with all other organisms.
Dating
The layers that contain fossils and archeological clues can be dated by more than a dozen techniques that use the basic principles of physics, chemistry, and Earth sciences. Some techniques can even estimate the age of the ancient teeth and bones directly. Advances in dating have made human evolution very exciting!

Human Evolution by The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

One Species, Living Worldwide
The billions of human beings living today all belong to one species: Homo sapiens.
As in all species, there is variation among individual human beings, from size and shape to skin tone and eye color. But we are much more alike than we are different. We are, in fact, remarkably similar. The DNA of all human beings living today is 99.9% alike.
We all have roots extending back 200,000 years to the emergence of the first modern humans in Africa, and back more than 6 million years to the evolution of the earliest human species in Africa. This amazing story of adaptation and survival is written in the language of our genes, in every cell of our bodies—as well as in the fossil and behavioral evidence.
This ancient heritage is yours.
Explore the origins of modern humans in Africa about 200,000 years ago and celebrate our species’ epic journey around the world in this video: "One Species, Living Worldwide."
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/...species-living- worldwide

Homo sapiens originated in Africa 150,000 years ago and began to migrate 55,000 to 60,000 years ago. It is thought he arrived in Australia around 45,000 years before present (BP). Australia was, at the time, already colonised by homo erectus. This dispersal, from Africa to Australia through Arabia, Asia and the Malay peninsula, could have occurred at a rate of 1km per year. (Credit: Image courtesy of University Of Cambridge)

DNA Agrees With All the Other Science: Darwin Was Right
Molecular biologist Sean Carroll shows how evolution happens, one snippet of DNA at a time

One of the great triumphs of modern evolutionary science, evo devo addresses many of the key questions that were unanswerable when Charles Darwin published On the Origin of Species in 1859, and Carroll has become a leader in this nascent field. Now a professor of molecular biology and genetics at the University of Wisconsin, he continues to decode the genes that control life’s physical forms and to explore how mutations in those genes drive evolutionary change. These days, Carroll also devotes increasing energy to telling the public about his field’s remarkable discoveries through a series of books—Endless Forms Most Beautiful, The Making of the Fittest, and the brand-new Remarkable Creatures. He spoke with DISCOVER senior editor Pamela Weintraub about what his work has taught him about Darwin, the nature of evolution, and how life really works.
It has been 150 years since Charles Darwin proposed his theory of evolution in On the Origin of Species, yet in some ways the concept of evolution seems more controversial than ever today. Why do you think that is?

It is a cultural issue, not a scientific one. On the science side our confidence grows yearly because we see independent lines of evidence converge. What we’ve learned from the fossil record is confirmed by the DNA record and confirmed again by embryology. But people have been raised to disbelieve evolution and to hold other ideas more precious than this knowledge. At the same time, we routinely rely on DNA to convict and exonerate criminals. We rely on DNA science for things like paternity. We rely on DNA science in the clinic to weigh our disease risks or maybe even to look at prognoses for things like cancer. DNA science surrounds us, but in this one realm we seem unwilling to accept its facts. Juries are willing to put people to death based upon the variations in DNA, but they’re not willing to understand the mechanism that creates that variation and shapes what makes humans different from other things. It’s a blindness. I think this is a phase that we’ll eventually get through. Other countries have come to peace with DNA. I don’t know how many decades or centuries it’s going to take us.
DNA Agrees With All the Other Science: Darwin Was Right | Evolution | DISCOVER Magazine

They Don't Make Homo Sapiens Like They Used To
Our species—and individual races—have recently made big evolutionary changes to adjust to new pressures.

They Don't Make Homo Sapiens Like They Used To | Human Evolution | DISCOVER Magazine

Hundreds of Human Genes Still Evolving
A comprehensive scan of the human genome finds that hundreds of our genes have undergone positive natural selection during the past 10,000 years of human evolution.

Hundreds of Human Genes Still Evolving | LiveScience

"a joint statement of IAP by 68 national and international science academies lists as established scientific fact that Earth is approximately 4.6 billion years old and has undergone continual change; that life, according to the evidence of earliest fossils, appeared on Earth at least 3.8 billion years ago and has subsequently taken many forms, all of which continue to evolve; and that the genetic code of all organisms living today, including humans, clearly indicates their common primordial origin"

So tell me why are we still evolving?

You didn't answer why are we still evolving?

Nor do you seem to know, geology, astronomy, cosmology, chemistry, paleoclimitology, archeology, genetics, or any of the sciences which all support evolution. Not just biological evolution, but evolution of the entire universe.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin

Agreed. Well, to an extent. At the very least, evolution clearly demonstrates that if a God did exist, such a God didn't play as direct a role in the creation of life on earth as many religions think, i.e. we were definitely not created by a God that designed us all as we are.

That's a myth.

I don't see your argument. For this to make any kind of sense, you first have to prove that such a thing as a soul exists in the first place. How do you go about testing to see whether or not somebody has a soul?