• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Two simple questions.

Valkyr1a

Nabcake(:
Because forced love is not real love. God wants you to love Him and follow His rules by your own free will. If He did not allow for free will, and forced everyone to love Him, then what would be the point of being born of flesh?

But what happens if we choose not to love him?

.lava

Veteran Member
Firstly I would like to say Hello. This is the first time I am posting here, I have to admit and interesting forum as I read a few posts.
Now for the questions I would like all of you to answer regardless of your religious status.
Question number one will be What religion actually is? and Why is there religion?
Please note that I would like critical answers, meaning that I would like you to answer from your own point of view.
Example: Please don't paste a definition of the word religion but tell me what it means to you personally.

you're born and you'd die someday. when we die we would all know if there is or there is not a God. religion is given to people to reach God before death. it is a recipe to reach God step by step and more you get closer it makes you more happy. religion also brings justice to nations in case commands applied correctly.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Thanks for the welcomes Christine, I can see that religion for you is lets say a way of controlling your spirituality?

Not controlling, really, but more for living with your spirit. We are all flesh, we live by flesh and die by flesh. The spirit is eternal- if you live in a union with God, then we can live spiritually as well as in flesh. Some people don't believe in God, and others reject God- they are in separation with God. I don't believe in a physical hell, but that of a separation with God.

BruceDLimber

Hi!

To answer your question (I found only one), I would say religion is the manner God uses to provide humanity with ongoing, continual guidance on how we should live and better both ourselves and society generally!

Best, :)

Bruce

Free4all

It's all about the blood
Firstly I would like to say Hello. This is the first time I am posting here, I have to admit and interesting forum as I read a few posts.
Now for the questions I would like all of you to answer regardless of your religious status.
Question number one will be What religion actually is? and Why is there religion?
Please note that I would like critical answers, meaning that I would like you to answer from your own point of view.
Example: Please don't paste a definition of the word religion but tell me what it means to you personally.

Myself as a born again christian, what is religion to me?
Religion is man's attempt to get right with God.
Prov.14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Why is there religion?
To satisfy man's self righteousness.
Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.

There is no religion in God's eyes, anybody of any religion can get saved.

Hospitaller

Seminarian
Religion a belief in something supernatural and a way of life according to that belief.

Religion was probably started when man felt a hole in himself and had to fill it up with something greater than himself.

Wealth and conquest,look at the Catholic Church from the Crusades to the founding of the new world which filled the coffers of the Holy see ,or the Muslim conquests which brought the Ottomans great wealth.

Actually, the Vatican has been having a defecit for quite a long time now. In 2003, the defecit was reported to be as large as $11.8 million!

Your argument is choppy, for St. Paul and the other apostoles of the Church had nothing to gain by helping to establish it. In fact many of them died willingly after being given the chance to denounce God. And I'm sure it was so in many other religions.

Daemon Sophic

Question number one will be What religion actually is? and Why is there religion?......
Welcome to the RF. :)

What is religion? -- To me, a religion is a philosophical outlook on life, couched within the basic premise that one or more gods are present in the universe, and this/these divinity might or might not be taking an active role in the affairs of humanity. Usually this superfluous addition of a divine into an otherwise perfectly functional philosophy is based upon a desire to answer the unanswerable questions of "? Is there more than this?" and "?What will happen to me and my loved ones after I/we die?", and "?What will happen to my enemies when they die?". :shrug:

Why is there religion? -- Fear of the unknown. :yes:
People would rather live with false hope than admit ignorance.

P.S. - Many people frequently confuse "religion", with "church" and/or "dogma". But these are not linked at all, other than through the greed/arrogance of the few, and the gullibility of the many.