• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. 2008 Dream Election

Kcnorwood

The guy I would want to see run for President would be Jessie ventura (yes I know hes never been president before) But the man is very smart & he speaks his mind
He's an ex Navy Seal & he was Gov of Minnosta I do think he would scare the hell out of anyone who sit down with him! :D

I dont think any of the Kennedys would make good presidents everyone whined about Clinton getting a BJ . The Kennedys slept with anything that moved.
I do like Hilary but if she ran & won I'd hope she would have some really good security theres alot of whackos out there who dont think a women is fit to be president which is sad.

I wll say this IF Clinton was allowed to run again anyone would be a fool to run against
the man he would win hands down!

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
shaktinah said:
...Hmm... Oh heck, I guess I'll pick Lincoln. :)

Choice for VP is a lot easier. James Madison. :) I love James Madision! He was smart, extremely well-read, principled, idealistic, yet a brilliant political strategist when it came to getting issues passed...
Excellent choices and I concur! When I read the OP, Madison was the first name that popped in to my head. On more than one occasion, the intent of our Founding Fathers has been brought up, and since Madison was a key architect of the Constitution, I think it would be neat to hear from him today.

Enough has been said about Lincoln, so I'll just add that his unyielding duty to do the right things to uphold his oath of office, even though some of his decisions were not popular at the time, demonstrates courage that few Presidents have matched.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
nutshell said:
OOOOHHH....I didn't think of Ike. That's a great choice not only from a Commander-In-Chief perspective, but he was a great civil rights enforcer as well.
How was Ike a great civil rights enforcer? I'm not arguing with you; I am just unfamiliar with this aspect of him and would like to know more about Ike. :)

c0da

Even though I'm not American, I'll have a go anyway.

I think LBJ would be able to handle current US Domestic problems well. His hard and effective work as a social reformer is unfortunately over-shadowed by the mess the US were in in Vietnam so for that reason and for sympathy because he's not been mentioned yet, I'm going to put him forward as president, and for Vice President, I think I'll say Teddy Roosevelt, because he was a real hard man and theres just not enough of them nowadays.

Kcnorwood

I think any of the presidents that you all have picked would be shocked to see just how corrupt the goverment has become & the debt we now have would more or less put them back in the grave!

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
shaktinah said:
How was Ike a great civil rights enforcer? I'm not arguing with you; I am just unfamiliar with this aspect of him and would like to know more about Ike. :)

Eisenhower supported the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education Topeka ruling that segragated schools were unconstitutional by telling District of Columbia officals to intergrate the very next day after the ruling. He also signed several civil rights bills (the most signifcant since 1870) and sent troops to Little Rock to intergrate schools there.

kateyes

I like Teddy Roosevelt--big environmentalist, speak softly and carry a big stick, trust buster and a progressive Republican (he would be real upset with what the Republican party has become), understood the necessities of war but wasn't a warmonger. For VP I would go with Lincoln--I think they would make a great team.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
spacemonkey said:
Eisenhower supported the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education Topeka ruling that segragated schools were unconstitutional by telling District of Columbia officals to intergrate the very next day after the ruling. He also signed several civil rights bills (the most signifcant since 1870) and sent troops to Little Rock to intergrate schools there.
Duh, of course. :tuna: Thanks for the memory jog. :D