• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK electorate's views on US Election.

Altfish

Veteran Member
GaRCJGJWAAEQyYC.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Interesting, what it shows me are more sensible Brits (even conservatives) than i expected. Ignoring reform UK of course.

I am really worried about the results of the election, if Trump loses i think there may be a revolution, if he wins his supporters will be emboldened to act even more like complete ********

Altfish

Veteran Member
Interesting, what it shows me are more sensible Brits (even conservatives) than i expected. Ignoring reform UK of course.

I am really worried about the results of the election, if Trump loses i think there may be a revolution, if he wins his supporters will be emboldened to act even more like complete ********
Sadly, I have to agree.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It doesn't surprise me at all.
I am really disappointed in all British Conservatives especially in the platinum blonde boy doll...
They prefer Harris because she wants WW3 meant to destroy Russia (and continental Europe will be destroyed too in the process).

Last edited:

RestlessSoul

It's so confusing because in Europe blue means rightist and red means leftist. :)

Nothing about US politics makes sense to a European, so far as I can tell. I think it's part of their political culture that no one ever trusts the government. So it's not like Europe where we expect our governments to protect our interests, and turn against them if they don’t. Americans don't ever expect the government to look after their interests.

PureX

Veteran Member

There will not be a revolution. There will be some violence but that will quickly be put down AND prosecuted.

If he wins, which is very unlikely in my opinion, I suspect he will suffer a medical issue that will remove him from power. Or he will be otherwise rendered impotent in such a way that it will stand as a warning to Vance and anyone other republicans that may be fantasizing about becoming the U.S.'s big dictator-in-chief.

That crap is not going to be allowed to stand. One way or another.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There will not be a revolution

I hope you are correct

There will be some violence but that will quickly be put down AND prosecuted.

I hope there is no violence but i don't hold much hope.

If he wins, which is very unlikely in my opinion, I suspect he will suffer a medical issue that will remove him from power. Or he will be otherwise rendered impotent in such a way that it will stand as a warning to Vance and anyone other republicans that may be fantasizing about becoming the U.S.'s big dictator-in-chief.

I do hope so. I really fear for America's future

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
If he wins, which is very unlikely in my opinion,

Why is it unlikely?
Surely, the Republicans wouldn't have chosen him as their candidate, if they thought he had no chance.
  1. Very Unlikely ≠ No Chance
  2. That said, "very unlikely" seems either overly optimistic or overly naive.
It doesn't surprise me at all.
I am really disappointed in all British Conservatives especially by the platinum blonde bobblehead..
  • ^ to be filed under the "where's Il Duce when we need him?" plaint

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Racists vote for racists.

From itvNEWS on 11 June 2024:

Still, Reform's 30|15|55 showing is interesting given:
And while the party’s membership is growing, so too are questions about some of its candidates.​
On Friday the Reform withdrew support for two of its candidates after previous racist comments were unearthed.​
The party has said it will look into other allegations.​
One candidate Reform is investigating is Robert Lomas, who is standing in Barnsley North, one of the party’s key target seats.​
He’s reported to have said asylum seekers had it “in their DNA to lie” in comments posted online.​
He also wrote that “Black people of Britain” were “grifting the race card” and should stop acting “like savages”, according to The Times.​

The 55% seems to suggest that the Trump wing of the Trumpian Reform party is gaining momentum.

PureX

Veteran Member
Why is it unlikely?
Surely, the Republicans wouldn't have chosen him as their candidate, if they thought he had no chance.
They didn't choose him. The fools among their supporters did, because they have been courting those fools for decades in order to win elections that they couldn't win any other way. So now they are stuck supporting their idiot mascot just to keep their own cushy positions. None of them wanted Trump. None of them think he is good for the country. But they are all so worried about keeping their own cushy jobs bilking the taxpayers on behalf of their rich cronies that they don't have the courage to say so, or to act against him.
I hope you are correct

I hope there is no violence but i don't hold much hope.

I do hope so. I really fear for America's future
This is not a people that will tolerate a dictator. If I'm wrong, then I suppose we will deserve what we get. But I don't think I'm wrong.
The U.S. is basically a gigantic money pump for a small group of very, very wealthy people. No one is going to be allowed to impede that flow of money. And the American people are already so stressed economically that a greedy dictator will break the bank (and Trump is nothing if not greedy). So the minute he and his criminal progeny start stealing big piles of money, which they most certainly will try to do, those very wealthy elites will have him eliminated for us. And they will do so in such a way that it sends a warning to any future would-be dictators looking to break the bank.

We are already an oligarchy. And those oligarchs are not going to tolerate any greedy dictators.

They will, however, tolerate a dictator that acts on their behalf. A "puppet" dictator. And that is what we really need to guard against. Although to be honest, that pretty much describes our entire government at this point.

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
From itvNEWS on 11 June 2024:

Still, Reform's 30|15|55 showing is interesting given:
And while the party’s membership is growing, so too are questions about some of its candidates.​
On Friday the Reform withdrew support for two of its candidates after previous racist comments were unearthed.​
The party has said it will look into other allegations.​
One candidate Reform is investigating is Robert Lomas, who is standing in Barnsley North, one of the party’s key target seats.​
He’s reported to have said asylum seekers had it “in their DNA to lie” in comments posted online.​
He also wrote that “Black people of Britain” were “grifting the race card” and should stop acting “like savages”, according to The Times.​

The 55% seems to suggest that the Trump wing of the Trumpian Reform party is gaining momentum.

I call Farage "Il Duce Farragio", leader of the "Deform" party.;)