• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unknown scenario

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
Whoever’s the last country left with oil reserves, will they share or hoard? Wonder how all that’s gonna play out. Thoughts?

exchemist

Veteran Member
Whoever’s the last country left with oil reserves, will they share or hoard? Wonder how all that’s gonna play out. Thoughts?
There are going to be a lot of countries left with oil in the ground that nobody will ever want. Just like the Australians with their coal. So your scenario will never arise. It is out of date.

King Phenomenon

Veteran Member
There are going to be a lot of countries left with oil in the ground that nobody will ever want. Just like the Australians with their coal. So your scenario will never arise. It is out of date.
So u believe Alternative forms of energy will suffice.
That’s cool

exchemist

Veteran Member
So my scenario isnt out of date because what you’re saying may never happen or in fact may not be possible scientifically.
Well, no it most certainly is possible scientifically. It is just a matter of collective will. As I say, I think we will get there.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Renewables and other non-fossil sources will be made to be sufficient, by government action, I think.

Given dropping prices for renewables and technical developments, it will be cheaper than petroleum. And we also have fusion reactors starting to look technically feasible in the intermediate future.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

They'll probably hoard it, and others will look for ways to try to get it.

ROAD_WARRIOR_16X9-Title-1-Ch10-Ch12-01.gif

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member

We will step away from needing crude oil, so neither.

Renewables are getting cheaper and more efficient by the day.

Synthetic oil is just as/more efficient than the regular stuff to.