• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

nPeace

Veteran Member
Does anyone here have a fully compiled copy of Unreal Engine 4?
I had built UE4 from source, but it was too heavy for my pc, After some time I decided to reclaim the gigs of hard drive space it was sitting on.
I now have a system that it's running fairly well on, but Epic Games seem to have dumped 4, for 5, because I can't access the prerequisite for installing 4.
If I can get a zip file of the full source code, which I only have to build, or one that's compiled for windows, I'd appreciate that. Thanks.
This is why I hate throwing away things. You realize later you could use it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
If you can you should go for 5. There are a lot of what were patches in 4 imcluded as standard. I don't think 4 is available any longer.

nPeace

Veteran Member
If you can you should go for 5. There are a lot of what were patches in 4 imcluded as standard. I don't think 4 is available any longer.
Well, I did say, the system I used before, couldn't handle 4... well at least anything above 4.9, so that should probably hint that I didn't get a system that can handle 5.
Then there is the matter of OS version. Everyone hasn't moved to Windows 10, for various reasons. ;)
I found something though. I found an installer that gives you the options of installing older version, so I got one up and running. It's working fine. Thanks.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Wait. You two code and develop games?
I do both, but I have been a bit delinquent.
I'm more focussed lately on finishing a few projects I had in the making, yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs ago.
Have you been able to get started with your project?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I do both, but I have been a bit delinquent.
I'm more focussed lately on finishing a few projects I had in the making, yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs ago.
Have you been able to get started with your project?
Kinda. Have had to use my phone since my pc is bricked, and pad pecking is slow and tedious compared to a keyboard.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Kinda. Have had to use my phone since my pc is bricked, and pad pecking is slow and tedious compared to a keyboard.
I guess you didn't back up your drive on an USB, and I suppose you can't afford to lose your data, either.
The good thing is, you made a start, so once you get your pc up and running, you would have gained experience. So, your time is being utilized well.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I guess you didn't back up your drive on an USB, and I suppose you can't afford to lose your data, either.
The good thing is, you made a start, so once you get your pc up and running, you would have gained experience. So, your time is being utilized well.
Oh, my pc was dead before I started learning python; it's an Android app.

But everything that was important on the PC was backed up.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Oh, my pc was dead before I started learning python; it's an Android app.

But everything that was important on the PC was backed up.
Well great! All you need is an USB with you desired OS... plug it in your computer... follow the instructions, and you are good to go. ;)