• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Unvaccinated, vaccinated and covid variants.

We Never Know

No Slack
Thought I would just posted this as a thread....

Why are people complaining about the unvaccinated but not travelers?

As far as I'm aware the covid variants are being brought into the US from other countries.

Now whether those travelers are vaccinated or are not vaccinated I don't know.

I frown on travelers for the spread and varients of the virus more than I frown unvaccinated people here in the US with some that don't even hardly get out of their community.

B.1.1.7 (Alpha): This variant was first detected in the United States in December 2020. It was initially detected in the United Kingdom.

B.1.351 (Beta): This variant was first detected in the United States at the end of January 2021. It was initially detected in South Africa in December 2020.

P.1 (Gamma): This variant was first detected in the United States in January 2021. P.1 was initially identified in travelers from Brazil, who were tested during routine screening at an airport in Japan, in early January.

B.1.617.2 (Delta): This variant was first detected in the United States in March 2021. It was initially identified in India in December 2020.

The two newest....

B. 1.617.2.1 or AY.1(Delta plus)
First identified in Europe in March 2021.

lineage C.37(lambda) first detected in Peru in December 2020 is in the US now.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

exchemist

Veteran Member

As far as I'm aware the covid variants are being brought into the US from other countries.

I frown on travelers for the spread and varients of the virus more than I frown unvaccinated people here in the US with some that don't even hardly get out of their community.

B.1.1.7 (Alpha): This variant was first detected in the United States in December 2020. It was initially detected in the United Kingdom.

B.1.351 (Beta): This variant was first detected in the United States at the end of January 2021. It was initially detected in South Africa in December 2020.

P.1 (Gamma): This variant was first detected in the United States in January 2021. P.1 was initially identified in travelers from Brazil, who were tested during routine screening at an airport in Japan, in early January.

B.1.617.2 (Delta): This variant was first detected in the United States in March 2021. It was initially identified in India in December 2020.

The two newest....

In one case you have a traveller, testing -ve before arrival, as mandated by US immigration requirements, who gets ill after arrival. There is not yet a system for recognising proof of vaccination from other countries (though it is being worked on), so this is the best that can be done. So accidentally a source of infection.

In the other case, you have someone who can easily get vaccinated and thereby help reduce the toll of death and hospitalisation, but who refuses. So deliberate refusal to help.

We Never Know

No Slack

The two newest....

Sadly in my opinion had this thread only been about the unvaccinated people spreading the virus, it would have had many posts about...
-how selfish thy are
-how stupid they are
-fine them
-have them pay higher insurance
-have them banned from places
-have them fired
-how ignorant they are
-etc etc.

We Never Know

No Slack
In one case you have a traveller, testing -ve before arrival, as mandated by US immigration requirements, who gets ill after arrival. There is not yet a system for recognising proof of vaccination from other countries (though it is being worked on), so this is the best that can be done. So accidentally a source of infection.

In the other case, you have someone who can easily get vaccinated and thereby help reduce the toll of death and hospitalisation, but who refuses. So deliberate refusal to help.
Isolation for a bit wouldn't hurt

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Sadly in my opinion had this thread only been about the unvaccinated people spreading the virus, it would have had many posts about...
-how selfish thy are
-how stupid they are
-fine them
-have them fired
-how ignorant they are
-etc etc.

Nice, huh?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
-how selfish thy are
-how stupid they are
-fine them
-have them fired
-how ignorant they are
-etc etc.

Can you imagine what would happen if unvaccinated here cared enough to say the same?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Can you imagine what would happen if unvaccinated here cared enough to say the same?
A handful of "definitely not an antivaxxer, honest" people would create threads where they "just asked questions" about why people believed negative things about antivaxxers before they engaged in long rants on why they are "skeptical" about current COVID measures and how actually, COVID vaccines are too much of a risk to vaccinate currently.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
-how selfish thy are
-how stupid they are
-fine them
-have them fired
-how ignorant they are
-etc etc.

All are true and justified.

And, one of the big problems is that the rest of the world needs to be vaccinated as well. Brazil has shown some of the same idiocy as the US and that is where the lambda variant is coming from primarily (it originated in Peru).

It would be nice to be able to travel again, but with so many still unvaccinated, this is simply not a reasonable thing to do unless there is no other option. And, yes, traveling to a location where a lot of people have yet to be vaccinated is going to cause a lot of problems.

We are at the stage in this pandemic that we have vaccines that work really well. The issue now is getting over the social issues that keep people from doing the right thing so we can get back to some semblance of normality. And yes, that means traveling again. Until more people worldwide are vaccinated, travel is not a good idea.

So, how about we actually get enough people vaccinated to give herd immunity and do the same for other countries? Maybe, just maybe, we can avoid all the pain and suffering we will go through otherwise.

ecco

Veteran Member

The Biden administration is catching hell from the Conservative right-wing (especially Florida Governor DeSantis) for suggesting that everyone at large indoor activities wear masks.

How much hell would they receive if they completely banned all entry to the USA? That would have to include American citizens - right?

The delta variant did indeed come into this country from a person entering from outside. The delta variant has spread to become the dominant strain in America primarily by people in America who are unvaccinated.

I know this is so hard for you to understand.

We Never Know

No Slack
So by "people" you actually meant "the handful of RF regulars who create threads in the politics forums"?
Nah. The ones on facebook, twitter, etc.

Edit..
Why would things about the virus be in the politics forums?
Oh I forgot some make it political.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

The two newest....

Did you ever question why testing is hardly mentioned anymore? How do you test enmasse like travelers on the fly?

It's because most tests cannot identify which strain is mutated from another. Only determines if you have the antibodies. To determine a variant it requires an extensive panel test that takes a bit for the results.

We Never Know

No Slack
The Biden administration is catching hell from the Conservative right-wing (especially Florida Governor DeSantis) for suggesting that everyone at large indoor activities wear masks.

How much hell would they receive if they completely banned all entry to the USA? That would have to include American citizens - right?

The delta variant did indeed come into this country from a person entering from outside. The delta variant has spread to become the dominant strain in America primarily by people in America who are unvaccinated.

I know this is so hard for you to understand.

Yet the delta variant wouldn't be here to spread if it wasn't brought in.

Edit.
I forgot to add "I know this is so hard for you to understand"