• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Using Kids to Promote "Yes on Prop. 8"

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
For the first time, Mball, I am disappointed in you.

You act as if you expected better from the intolerant bigots of this world. You are well aware of the fact that, in their minds, they are "doing God's work". Now, you and I know that that is BS, but to people like them, it is a great way to justify their intolerance and homophobia. These people have no "bottom" to which they will not sink, and that includes the indoctrination of children into their bigoted worldview.

Now, buck up, Mball. You know that these people lack a functioning frontal lobe - so I don't want to see any more of this type of "shock" from you.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
...but to people like them, it is a great way to justify their intolerance and homophobia. These people have no "bottom" to which they will not sink, and that includes the indoctrination of children into their bigoted worldview.

Oh Bill! Just because they have no shame nor morals doesn't mean they aren't right on Proposition 8.

Hold it! Wait a minute! Maybe it does in fact mean they might indeed be wrong about Proposition 8.

Alceste

Vagabond
I'd love to be disgusted, but in all likelihood those kids are going to grow up to be shameless perverts a la Larry Craig, Ted Haggard or (if the girl is lucky) Frida Kahlo so I do get a secret pang of ironic satisfaction.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
To be fair now, as messed up and utterly insane as that video is, it does have quite a catchy beat.

UnityNow101

Hitler had a nice looking dog, too.

...And a cool 'stache.

As to the video, lol. Who cares? I feel bad for the kids that they are brainwashed into believing that nonsense, although I guess we all are conditioned in some way. Proposition 8 is going to fail anyways, so there is nothing to be worried about. I just find it funny that they don't even tell the kids the alternative: You could either live with a happy and loving homosexual couple, or you could be the property of the state and bounce from foster home to foster home...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It's fascinating to watch the Authoritarian Right sink ever lower. You kind of think they'll find a floor even they won't go beyond, but then you realize they won't. I guess that's what genuine decadence is all about.