• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

uuuhhh!!.Why are We here?

Each and everyone of us ( in some point in our lives) ask ourselves, “What’s the Purpose of Life”?. “Why are we here”? …We wonder and wonder about what’s going to happen when we stop breathing. No matter what the case is, either in a horrifying situation and or in astonishing joyful moments in our lives. Let it be a split second curiousness. However, we still feel the need to know the Purpose of Life.

So why dont we all share our own perspectives to Why We Are Here!:grill:

There is no "why" for me. We're just here.

But if you're just here, there has to be a reason. Every thing that happens, happens for a reason. Whether its getting fired from a job or winning the lottery. So "why", is a question to what your reasoning is to why you are here.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Each and everyone of us ( in some point in our lives) ask ourselves, “What’s the Purpose of Life”?. “Why are we here”? …We wonder and wonder about what’s going to happen when we stop breathing. No matter what the case is, either in a horrifying situation and or in astonishing joyful moments in our lives. Let it be a split second curiousness. However, we still feel the need to know the Purpose of Life.

So why dont we all share our own perspectives to Why We Are Here!:grill:

I used to search for that stuff, but not so much anymore. I come here to kill time, talk to people, debate things, etc.

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
My purpose is to make the most of this brief window of consciousness i have. This tiny split second of awareness in the entirety of universal time. The amazing and baffling idea that i have a conscious entity, something i can call me, a reality of identity.

i want to do all that i can, know all that i can, and make a difference in the time that i have.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh you mean why are we here in life, not here on this forum. Ditzy moment!

I'm here because my parents had sex. Same with you guys I think. :yes:

Alex_G

Enlightner of the Senses
Oh you mean why are we here in life, not here on this forum. Ditzy moment!

I'm here because my parents had sex. Same with you guys I think. :yes:

I read yours after i posted and thought, 'ahh ive come in too heavy here and missed the point hehe :p '

;))))So how did your parents, grand parents, great grand parents get here. But the real question is, what’s the reasoning to why we are here. Not how why got here, but why!!!

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
Every thing that happens, happens for a reason.

That's one way to look at it, but in my opinion, its just wishful thinking. If everything happens for a reason, why does some child suffer an excruciatingly painful disease that kills them at 4 years old?

The fact is, what is is what is. Why its here is inconsequential in deciding how to make the most of it all and leave it all a better place.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
;))))So how did your parents, grand parents, great grand parents get here. But the real question is, what’s the reasoning to why we are here. Not how why got here, but why!!!
I don't see any reason to believe in meaning or purpose behind existence.

Skwim

Veteran Member
But if you're just here, there has to be a reason. Every thing that happens, happens for a reason. Whether its getting fired from a job or winning the lottery. So "why", is a question to what your reasoning is to why you are here.
No need to look any further than simple cause-effect. In short, the reason I, you, and every other living organism is here is repetitive procreation, abetted by evolution of course.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Certainly there are causes for why we're here.
I just don't see any explanation outside of those.
Meaning & purpose are things we make up.

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
I'm not too sure that I was put here for a reason, but I am going to make a reason as to why I continue living. And that is to be Honourable, Courageous, and live a great life. I want to leave a legacy so that I become Immortal.

Looncall

Are you sure that this is a meaningful question? Is our being here the kind of fact that "why" applies to?

If one asks about the joy of a stone, it is obvious that the question is meangingless, since joy does not apply to stones. In other cases, the mismatch is much less obvious. This is a favourite scam of religions.

Why applies to situations in which will is involved, when it is not another word for "how". For example "the reason why the tree fell is that the beaver wanted some lunch." Your question assumes that our existence is the result of some entity exerting will. You must show that that is the case before your question can have any meaning.

That's one way to look at it, but in my opinion, its just wishful thinking. If everything happens for a reason, why does some child suffer an excruciatingly painful disease that kills them at 4 years old?

The fact is, what is is what is. Why its here is inconsequential in deciding how to make the most of it all and leave it all a better place.

The Qur’an tells us that good, evil and whatever happens in this world happens by Allah’s(Only God) will.
Allah has placed a physical law and a moral law in this universe. Allah allows suffering to occur when one or more of these laws are broken. The physical law is based on cause and effect. Sickness comes if one does not take care of one’s health or is exposed to infections (i.e Aids). A car accident occurs when one is not alert, or drives in a careless manner, or if the cars are not checked, roads and freeways are not made and kept in right shape, or the traffic laws are not right or not properly enforced. Study of causes and effects is very important to facilitate safeguards. Even here we should keep in mind that Allah often saves us and He does not let us suffer from every negligence. How many times it happens that we are not careful and still we reach safely to our destinations.

jmvizanko

Uber Tool
Disease happens randomly and therefore without cause. Unless you want to deny that and suggest that your god likes to bring some children into existence to torture them and then kill them before they even have a taste of life. You're probably a lot better off gong with the former.

You can choose to believe that everything happens for a reason. But in my opinion, that's not even possible if we have free will. If I make even the slightest different choice, even the same choice a nanosecond later, thanks to the holistic nature of the universe, everything is vastly different given enough time.

Disease happens randomly and therefore without cause. Unless you want to deny that and suggest that your god likes to bring some children into existence to torture them and then kill them before they even have a taste of life. You're probably a lot better off gong with the former.

You can choose to believe that everything happens for a reason. But in my opinion, that's not even possible if we have free will. If I make even the slightest different choice, even the same choice a nanosecond later, thanks to the holistic nature of the universe, everything is vastly different given enough time.

In Islam, there are two views of suffering, both of which resemble views held by its sister faiths, Judaism and Christianity. Suffering is either the painful result of sin, or it is a test. Suffering is built into the fabric of existence so that God may see who is truly righteous. In other words, God not only allows the various agonies and struggles of life, but has a purpose for them. Suffering opens up the soul and reveals it to God. God uses suffering to look within humans and test their characters, and correct the unbelievers.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
....God uses suffering to look within humans and test their characters, and correct the unbelievers.
He sure hasn't visited much suffering on this unbeliever.....no fires, no floods, no infirmity....just some temporary financial setbacks.
Many of the faithful seem to receive much more in the way of corrective suffering, eg, endless fighting in the Middle East, tornadoes
hitting churches in Hurricane Alley, Katrina flooding.