• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegetarians vs Meat - Gods Punishment

Gloone

According to some faiths, eating meat is wrong. They believe that if you take life from an animal, you come back as that animal in your next life (source ISKCON). This made me think, is this really true ?

For those mathematicians out there, if this were true shouldn't there now be more veggies than non-veg ? Considering the majority of the worlds population is non-veg. By the way I am veggie but not due to religious beliefs, you never know what you're getting these days.
I had to stop eating a burger today, because I started thinking about the animal once being alive and now it was stuffed with cheese and put on a bun. Soon as the thought crossed my mind I almost wanted to gag and threw it in the trash. Maybe animals like to eat other animals. I'm not much of a savage either and if I was intended to eat meat I'm pretty sure I would have some elite fangs for tearing meat apart. So unless I get some fangs implanted I may not eat meat again for awhile.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
According to some faiths, eating meat is wrong. They believe that if you take life from an animal, you come back as that animal in your next life (source ISKCON). This made me think, is this really true ?

For those mathematicians out there, if this were true shouldn't there now be more veggies than non-veg ? Considering the majority of the worlds population is non-veg. By the way I am veggie but not due to religious beliefs, you never know what you're getting these days.

Most people have appealed. Wait and see what happens when the appeals are resolved. ;)

Seriously now, there are other reasons for vegetarianism, both religious and secular. As a rule I dislike appeals to "afterlife consequences", they are rarely useful or constructive.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
No not if they believed in the theory but if the theory were actually true. So it apply to all regardless of their religious faith or even if they were atheists

Then we would be reincarnated as something resembling Whoopers from Hell, I suppose.