• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Voices in the head

wellwisher

In physics, science has never found a magnetic monopole. A magnetic monopole would be either a North Pole or the South Pole of a magnet, that can exist all by itself. These always come in pairs. We cannot just cut a magnet in half and get just a north and a south pole. Neither has a life of its own, but both are part of a set. This is similar to the human polarization of knowledge of good and evil. Good and evil do not exist as separated and independent things. Rather one always implies the other, which was how the human brain was gamed by knowledge of good and evil; symbolically called original sin. The animal brain can separate the good and the evil; one tag per memory. But the more advance human brain does it differently.

We have the electromagnetic force in physics, which is the unity of the electrostatic and magnetic forces. The electrostatic aspect can be isolated as separated negative and positive charges; electrons and proton. The plus and minus charges that can both exist by themselves. But the magnetic aspect of the EM force always comes in connected pairs of north and south. The hydrogen bonding of water is able to separate the electrostatic and magnetic components. It appears gaming the brain with good and evil may nvolve shift in the brain's water toward the magnetic side of the polarization. The satan subroutine may be engrained in evolution and hydrogen bonding chemistry advancement.

If we were at the north pole, we can measure it. The south pole is implied since these always come in pairs. If we reverse, the same is also true, the South Pole can be seen and measured, while the north is implied since these always come in pairs. Law, by defining good and evil and most people trying to do good; repress the evil so it is not seen, nevertheless it is implied and the implied evil is still there; ID; Magnetic. The animal brain is more one tag per situation like charge; either good to eat, or bad and not to be eaten.

This magnetic analogy is why even good intent, via laws, leads to violation or the implied opposite. While even the darkness of compulsion from the shadow; Satan subroutine of dark times, implies and can lead to the light; wisdom. This is also why taboos tend to create compulsive temptation, to help fill in the void of the taboo; opposite appears. More law does not alter this, but only reinforces it. The subroutine, erase, needs an alternate approach.

The symbolism of Revelations, shows the Satan subroutine is made conscious; culture becomes cold and cruel. What had been the repressed, is made more conscious so other pole; goods now repressed, so it can reflect and even consolidate into an opposite subroutine. From the inner darkest comes the implied inner light; inner self psychology.

This is less of a collective social event, but more of a personal journey where the symbolic earth's magnetic field reverses polarization; creates the countering good hard wiring. Like two magnetics, as north and south poles align, they begin to integrate as one large magnet; spatial integration. The hydrogen bonding moves back toward polar; independent electron and proton or one feeling tag per memory; instinct.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
My Dad's going through something and getting better but is now hearing voices in his head.

I am curious if people don't actually hear voices in there head. There are literally hundreds in my head. We have conversations and sometimes I forget they are in my head. I have been alone and thought someone was talking to me only to realize it was in my head. This is not normal.
Actually about half of human beings hear an inner monologue. Hearing these voices inside your head is neither unusual nor is it a sign of mental illness. On the flip side, you have people who hallucinate voices, meaning that they are actually hearing voices (not just inside their head). Sometimes the hallucinations are paranoid, sometimes, grandiose, sometimes self exoriating. When you actually hear something that other people don't hear, THAT is psychosis.

As someone who hears an inner monologue, I cannot fathom how people manage to think and solve problems without this.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
My Dad's going through something and getting better but is now hearing voices in his head.

I am curious if people don't actually hear voices in there head. There are literally hundreds in my head. We have conversations and sometimes I forget they are in my head. I have been alone and thought someone was talking to me only to realize it was in my head. This is not normal.
I'ld say it depends.

If you audibly hear the voices, like... with your ears, to the point you can't tell if they are your imagination or actual voices that exist externally to you, then that would be auditory verbal hallucinations. If you have those, then there's likely a (medical) reason for it.

Psalm23

I had a recent experience like what you have described. I was hearing voices in my head, some very very mean and rude to me cursing me out and a different quiet voice that comforted me. I also once talked to someone who wasn't there. It felt so real! I felt paranoid and confused and had vivid images in my mind and kept jerking violently about. I ended up going to the ER and they helped me with some medicine. I did flirt with one of the staff at the ER or hospital when I saw he was really cute . I wasn't in my right mind though and said some really loopy things as well as a lot of kind things . I said I love you tons of times to different people.

Ignatius A

seek help

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
It probably built up over the years. Other then sometime thinking my conversations really happened or less often someone is there that's not. It actually helps me. I get different views on my problems. I will say I'm the one in charge. They are only advisors
People who have strokes can see things they would not have ordinarily seen before that. Not saying these are visions, but the brain is a funny thing. Wonder if you may have a neurological problem. Have you attempted to block out the ponderings in your brain, in other words, to tell yourself they should be overlooked?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I had a recent experience like what you have described. I was hearing voices in my head, some very very mean and rude to me cursing me out and a different quiet voice that comforted me. I also once talked to someone who wasn't there. It felt so real! I felt paranoid and confused and had vivid images in my mind and kept jerking violently about. I ended up going to the ER and they helped me with some medicine. I did flirt with one of the staff at the ER or hospital when I saw he was really cute . I wasn't in my right mind though and said some really loopy things as well as a lot of kind things . I said I love you tons of times to different people.
Have you actually tried to block out these occurrences as they occur?

Psalm23

Have you actually tried to block out these occurrences as they occur?
I might not have been in my right mind to block it but thankfully this particular experience was a one time event. I had one other experience recently where I was paranoid and I had to go into the psych ward for some time to get better. Thankfully I'm not experiencing paranoia and I am much better now.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
It is more normal than you think. However, most people learn to repress it, since it will be misunderstood and labeled pathology.

Sometimes, when I write, I will talk to myself out loud. This is fine by me, if I am alone. But it can be awkward around other people, if they hear me talking to myself. I explain to them that I do this, so I can hear my ideas, coming into my ears from the outside. This allows me to compare this external audio input to the more subtle visualizing and sensing coming from inside, to help me make sure these two jive. It is more normal to have another person offer feedback, but my ideas are out there, so I have learned to multitask and be my own devil's audio advocate.

As an example of how this can be healthy, say you were angry where you start to mumble. You feel the anger and need to vent. If you say it out loud, " I am angry today because (abc) didn't wash my glass, it sounds very petty. If a friend had old you that is why they were angry, you would not see this as end of the world. This hearing of the petty excuse, can make you objective again, as you realize this anger is not for that, but something else or maybe just due to needed venting suing someone who cares. The inside and outside find the same page. Elderly often try to come to terms with their long life and their dreams of youth.

Normally, we see and hear stimulus coming from the outside. This goes into the senses and then into the brain, following natural pathways. It goes to the thalamus, which triggers the limbic system to be written to memory. It is also distributed for further analysis or action. The brain can also use these same pathways, or even counter current pathways, to make processed ideas conscious. We think in terms of words, sounds and visual imagery, so the inside the brain inductions, often uses the same languages as the ego, to help us see new things. In some cases, it is less subtle but more like an external input, so it can get our attention faster and easier; visual or audio hallucination.

I do not have any more extreme visual and audio output, since I developed a more 3-D language connection to the thalamus via the cerebellum; language of subtle body sensations, that add up to spatial thoughts. Anyone can do it, but it takes practice over years. This is much faster. I will then use the left brain to decompress the 3-D data, which often happens as I write.
I have grown very fond of the once annoying trend of people in public talking on their phones using earbuds and no phone in sight. I get a lot less strange looks when I realize my conversation with self is being verbalized aloud.

I'm pretty sure mine is a habit of too much alone time that I've loss control of as I've aged. Little girls talk to their dolls. Old girls talk to themselves! LOL