• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Voting for the amendment is not taking away people's Rights

madhatter85

Transhumanist
DeseretBook.com - The Constitution: A Heavenly Banner

Read this book by Ezra Taft Benson on the united states Constitution. It is an amazing book.

The only right in this world is the right to live. everythign else is a privilege. No goverment, Society, or organization can give or take away inherent "Rights".

Marriage is a privilege, one that is to be shared only between a one Man and one Woman, for the intent of raising up a new generation of children unto the Lord. That is the only temporal purpose for marriage. Some peopel may not have the opportunity to bear children and the prophets have addressed these concerns, But the pattern will not be altered, It will never be changed.

To say that this country was founded on absolutely no Moral or religious principles is plain false. "In God we Trust" It is only in recent years that people have had a problem with it. and because of the nature of our nations foundation, constitution, and freedom these sad people use cunning and deciet filled language to turn the hearts of the people downward away from what our Lord inspired the forefathers to create.

Yes, we need to vote to retain the sanctity of marriage because marriage is not a "Right" it is a privilege. Homosexual marriage is Satan's way of trying to prevent God's plan from coming to fruition. Please take up your courage and follow the council of the prophets on this matter. For some it will be a test of faith. But, i assure you that it is not in vain that we have been asked to do this.

Last edited:

idea

Question Everything
I agree!
I think some members have a problem with general authorities telling us how to vote -
I remember being asked to vote on pro-life issues, voting on the “privilege” of marriage this is the same thing. When an issue is clearly at odds with gospel doctrine, the church has the right to encourage us to vote on that issue.

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
I agree!
I think some members have a problem with general authorities telling us how to vote -
I remember being asked to vote on pro-life issues, voting on the “privilege” of marriage this is the same thing. When an issue is clearly at odds with gospel doctrine, the church has the right to encourage us to vote on that issue.
And any member who votes their consceince either way will not be thrown in the church court.:yes:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I wonder why ya'll have chosen to ignore the Bill of Rights?
Do you think that the Bill of Rights does not apply to amendments to the United States Constitution?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
~US Bill of Rights

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I wonder why ya'll have chosen to ignore the Bill of Rights?
Do you think that the Bill of Rights does not apply to amendments to the United States Constitution?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
~US Bill of Rights

"Endowed by thier creator"..... heh, funny how people try to disavow that the goverment was founded on religious principals as well. but anwyays.

Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness are privileges that can be taken away by the goverment. hence all the people in Jail, they had thier "privileges" taken away from them.

silvermoon383

Can you not read MH? LIfe, Libery, and the Pursuit of Happiness are UNALIENABLE RIGHTS guaranteed by Constitution of the United States of America. The MOMENT the government even attempts to deny those rights the Declaration of Independence takes affect once again and the people will be duty-bound to remove those in power (by force if necessary).

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Can you not read MH? LIfe, Libery, and the Pursuit of Happiness are UNALIENABLE RIGHTS guaranteed by Constitution of the United States of America. The MOMENT the government even attempts to deny those rights the Declaration of Independence takes affect once again and the people will be duty-bound to remove those in power (by force if necessary).

What about people who go to jail? the government is then takign away those "rights"

People in Jail cannot marry, vote, or buy a house.

(this is also why i am against the death penalty, since every human has the right to live.)

Anti-Constantine

Non-Creedal
When I was a kid, I had my rights taken away, they told me don't skate on the public property around the courthouse.

Your claim here is weak. All laws impede someones rights, and those rights can in fact be viewed as protected by the BoR.

silvermoon383

Since when was rollerskating a right?

Oh and MH, do you consider marriage a right or a privledge? You've said both so far, and you need to pick one.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
No, It's a privilege. Always. It's hard to switch how you say things when you relaize the correct way of saying things.

silvermoon383

You know, this thread is beginning to make me wonder if schools are even teaching the differences between rights and privilege anymore...

A right is something that is guaranteed by law to everyone. These rights are spelled out in the Constitution.

A privilege is something that is allowed by law, but it is not guaranteed.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
DeseretBook.com - The Constitution: A Heavenly Banner

Read this book by Ezra Taft Benson on the united states Constitution. It is an amazing book.

The only right in this world is the right to live. everythign else is a privilege. No goverment, Society, or organization can give or take away inherent "Rights".

Marriage is a privilege, one that is to be shared only between a one Man and one Woman, for the intent of raising up a new generation of children unto the Lord. That is the only temporal purpose for marriage. Some peopel may not have the opportunity to bear children and the prophets have addressed these concerns, But the pattern will not be altered, It will never be changed.

To say that this country was founded on absolutely no Moral or religious principles is plain false. "In God we Trust" It is only in recent years that people have had a problem with it. and because of the nature of our nations foundation, constitution, and freedom these sad people use cunning and deciet filled language to turn the hearts of the people downward away from what our Lord inspired the forefathers to create.

Yes, we need to vote to retain the sanctity of marriage because marriage is not a "Right" it is a privilege. Homosexual marriage is Satan's way of trying to prevent God's plan from coming to fruition. Please take up your courage and follow the council of the prophets on this matter. For some it will be a test of faith. But, i assure you that it is not in vain that we have been asked to do this.
In that sense, even the "right to live" is a priviledge. But that's not a healthy attitude towards "rights".

Our governments do not give people rights, they recognize the rights that the people [already] have and create documents that outline how the government will protect those rights. Such an amendment would be government creating a document that specifically fails to protect one particular right that the people [already] have and that (for some of the countries involved) they already said they'd protect, so are reneging. That just seems silly to me.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
You know, this thread is beginning to make me wonder if schools are even teaching the differences between rights and privilege anymore...

A right is something that is guaranteed by law to everyone. These rights are spelled out in the Constitution.

A privilege is something that is allowed by law, but it is not guaranteed.

Exactly, It's not guarenteed if you don't follow the rules.