• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wacky advice that turned out to have some merit

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Picture the scene...you've just downed your 15th [beer/wine/sparkling water/bottle of metho] for the day, and you're feeling pretty good about how it progressed. After all, you really showed [Jones at work/Cathy at the school canteen/Barry at the unemployment centre/Squidgy in Ward D] how capable you were. You're feeling great. Chipper, even. A bit random too. You know those moods. Cheeky.

As you place your glass down on the [table/butler's tray/gutter] you hear the pitter-patter of tiny feet. You notice [your son/your daughter/a niece/a nephew/a random little person who appeared for the sake of narrative completeness].

Feeling like it was time to impart your wisdom on the future generations, you take this small bundle of hope aside, sit them on your knee and say...

[Insert your piece of offbeat, sage advice here. Might be something you heard which sounded like tripe, but increasingly seems profound. Might be something you make up on the spot, much like my attempt to start a thread. Might be something you've really told someone. Funny is good. Profound is good. Funny AND profound is SUPER AWESOME - and probably just showing off.]

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
tyrion_lannister__facebook_diary_cover__by_maxim23maxim-d551lhi.jpg

Oh, Btw. I'm the god of t*** and wine. Do as I say, not as I do.

Last edited:

Shem

Mormon Boy
Picture the scene...you've just downed your 15th [beer/wine/sparkling water/bottle of metho] for the day, and you're feeling pretty good about how it progressed. After all, you really showed [Jones at work/Cathy at the school canteen/Barry at the unemployment centre/Squidgy in Ward D] how capable you were. You're feeling great. Chipper, even. A bit random too. You know those moods. Cheeky.

As you place your glass down on the [table/butler's tray/gutter] you hear the pitter-patter of tiny feet. You notice [your son/your daughter/a niece/a nephew/a random little person who appeared for the sake of narrative completeness].

Feeling like it was time to impart your wisdom on the future generations, you take this small bundle of hope aside, sit them on your knee and say...

[Insert your piece of offbeat, sage advice here. Might be something you heard which sounded like tripe, but increasingly seems profound. Might be something you make up on the spot, much like my attempt to start a thread. Might be something you've really told someone. Funny is good. Profound is good. Funny AND profound is SUPER AWESOME - and probably just showing off.]

"Life is not a party. Life is work. We occasionally stop work to party, not the other way around."

My kids laughed at me for this quote for many years. Finally, I realize they were right. "Life is a party".

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator

"I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having"

-Sartre?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When your drinky drinky interferes with work, that's OK.
When your work interferes with your drinking, you're a mess.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Confucius says:
Tis better to have pecker tracks on one's
zipper than zipper tracks on one's pecker.