• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wait for the punchline...

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The situation with the beer is one of those things where the smartest thing is to agree with whoever is talking and keep ones honest opinion to oneself, because there is such a thing as moderate disagreement and partial agreement.

If anything is killing bud its Michelob Ultra. But never mind that.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The punchline it that a 6 pack of this beer cost 20$ + 10$ for shipping (not available in stores). Thirty dollars for a six pack. Being a bigot is expensive.
They knew people would buy strictly out of "principle" or to make a statement, thus they can get away with a high price and low quality. In the commerical he didn't even bother describing the product itself.

We Never Know

No Slack

...except there is no punchline. This wasn't satire.

Anheuser-Busch exec offers flat apology after Dylan Mulvaney’s Bud Light backlash

The top executive at Anheuser-Busch issued a shallower apology than day-old Bud Light on Friday as the beer giant reeled from backlash over its sponsorship deal with controversial transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

“We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people,” said Brendan Whitworth, CEO of Anheuser-Busch InBev.

“We have made it our mission to bring people together over a beer.”

Whitworth’s statement made no mention of the sponsorship deal with Mulvaney – which has led to calls for a boycott of the country’s largest beer company.

He also didn’t address reports that executives were being kept in the dark about Mulvaney’s launch.

Instead, Whitworth said he was “focused on building and protecting our remarkable history and heritage.”

“Moving forward, I will continue to work tirelessly to bring great beers to consumers across our nation,” said Whitworth, a Harvard Business School graduate who served in the Marines and was a CIA officer.

The $132 billion beer company has seen its market value plummet by some $5 billion since the campaign was launched April 1.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Anheuser-Busch exec offers flat apology after Dylan Mulvaney’s Bud Light backlash

The top executive at Anheuser-Busch issued a shallower apology than day-old Bud Light on Friday as the beer giant reeled from backlash over its sponsorship deal with controversial transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

“We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people,” said Brendan Whitworth, CEO of Anheuser-Busch InBev.

Whitworth’s statement made no mention of the sponsorship deal with Mulvaney – which has led to calls for a boycott of the country’s largest beer company.

He also didn’t address reports that executives were being kept in the dark about Mulvaney’s launch.

Instead, Whitworth said he was “focused on building and protecting our remarkable history and heritage.”

“Moving forward, I will continue to work tirelessly to bring great beers to consumers across our nation,” said Whitworth, a Harvard Business School graduate who served in the Marines and was a CIA officer.

The $132 billion beer company has seen its market value plummet by some $5 billion since the campaign was launched April 1.

Wait... I hadn't heard of Dylan Mulvaney before. I looked her up and found nothing controversial; only that she's trans and apparently getting backlash from some because of featuring in a partnership with a beer company. Am I missing something?

Why on earth would merely partnering with a trans celebrity warrant any backlash, let alone a boycott? Is the implication here that trans celebrities should be shunned by companies just for being trans?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Why would they owe anyone an apology?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Wait... I hadn't heard of Dylan Mulvaney before. I looked her up and found nothing controversial; only that she's trans and apparently getting backlash from some because of featuring in a partnership with a beer company. Am I missing something?

Why on earth would merely partnering with a trans celebrity warrant any backlash, let alone a boycott? Is the implication here that trans celebrities should be shunned by companies just for being trans?
The transgendered (and drag queens) are targets of the current moral panic and witch hunt. So displaying any amount of respect or human decency toward them = "woke" = satanic, etc.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
My first guess is..... $5 billion drop in two weeks.

"The $132 billion beer company has seen its market value plummet by some $5 billion since the campaign was launched April 1."

The decrease is multifaceted and not necessarily attributable to the Mulvaney campaign in any significant way, from what I've read.

While the Mulvaney controversy has plausibly influenced the valuation, in the context of heavy criticism and threats of boycotts among what is considered its traditional consumer base in the U.S., other factors were likely at play, too.

Mulvaney may have been the catalyst for some investors to rethink and take into consideration a number of pre-existing reasons for them to sell, as noted by analysts.

For example, Anheuser-Busch's share price has been increasing significantly since mid-March, rising by around 18 percent between then and the end of the month. The recent decrease in value could be caused by profit-taking traders who think the share price is near its peak.

Parenthetically, I deeply detest the obsession of people like Matt Walsh with specific groups and his constant attempts to demonize trans people. It's just sad how much time and effort people like him spend on trying to make another group's life harder, especially since he's someone who identifies as a Catholic while so thoroughly failing to embody Jesus' teachings.