• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

War crimes?

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
I think I can defend this post being in this directory.

I have been reading about this lately and I am genuinely shocked by it.

Here is a nice summary, sadly still being updated daily.

How can the US continue to funnel armaments and munitions to the current Israeli government? Morally speaking, where do we draw the line? I love the jewish people but enough is enough with their current government.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

How can the US continue to funnel armaments and munitions to the current Israeli government? Morally speaking, where do we draw the line? I love the jewish people but enough is enough with their current government.
I'm not aware that cemeteries and the dead were in the Geneva Convention.

I would think it's a little hard to bury pieces and bits of suicide bombers , including their own childern sent by Hamas to die upon self detonation, with Palestinians picking up body parts as talisman, so I figure the respect for the dead is negligible.

Heyo

Veteran Member

I'm interested in moral philosophy and ethics, but I fear this might turn into a shouting match if participants aren't able to abstract from the given example.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Disinterring Palestinians is awful, but I'm more concerned with what the IDF is doing to living civilians.

Not-so-fun fact: the IDF's indiscriminate bombing of civilian areas has given rise to a new term: WCNSF.

The numbers of Gaza’s dead, wounded and orphaned children are uncertain but there is no question they have borne the brunt of the war, launched after Hamas’s 7 October attack on Israel that killed about 1,200 people. Unicef, the UN’s children’s fund, estimates that minors account for at least 40% of the estimated 20,000 people killed so far.

“When we speak of a war on children, it’s not to try to be dramatic. It’s rooted in the data,” said James Elder, Unicef’s chief spokesperson, who spent weeks in Gaza under bombardment. “In ‘normal’ past conflicts, the rate was about 20%, so you’re looking at twice the number of children who have been killed and injured compared with previous conflicts.

“That speaks obviously to the severity and the intensity of the bombardment. We believe it also speaks to the indiscriminate nature of the bombardment, and it speaks to a disregard for civilians, particularly children.”

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Disinterring Palestinians is awful, but I'm more concerned with what the IDF is doing to living civilians.
In the context of the OP, disinterring speaks to
feelings & motives that lead to crimes against
the living. The ethics & morals of Israel include
vengeance against the innocent because of
their association with the ostensible enemy.
We see this in Israel's supporters on RF.

Religion is analogous to genetics in that neither
is fully deterministic of phenotypical expression.
Religious "phenotype" being conduct of the faithful.
Like epigenetics & environmental influences, the
faithful can be very different from claimed scriptural
prescriptions & proscriptions.

In short, morality & ethics are what's practiced,
ie, the phenotype.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
I'm interested in moral philosophy and ethics, but I fear this might turn into a shouting match if participants aren't able to abstract from the given example.

Yes, I think you are right about the point being buried in the emotions for many people.