• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wartime Women

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Honestly I'm so shocked by the EU's behavior which is constantly obsessed with warfare and has never mentioned investments in healthcare for Ukrainian civilians and soldiers.
The EU is not this. This war has negatively transformed our institutions.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
And the EU is supposed to help that invaded nation, by sending humanitarian aid. :)

Since February 2022, the European Commission has allocated €733 million for humanitarian aid programmes to help civilians affected by the war in Ukraine. This includes: €685 million for Ukraine. €48 million for refugees that have fled to neighbouring Moldova.

Edit
In total aid (military, financial and humanitarian combined), the European Union and its countries have provided the most to Ukraine, according to Kiel Institute, whereas the United States has by far provided the most in military aid.

And just think, had your wished for best boyfriend not invaded Ukraine that money could have gone to other needy causes that are having to do without

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Honestly I'm so shocked by the EU's behavior which is constantly obsessed with warfare and has never mentioned investments in healthcare for Ukrainian civilians and soldiers.
The EU is not this. This war has negatively transformed our institutions.
Yes, how dare anyone help the Ukrainian people defend their lives, land, and liberty from tyrants, terrorists, and war criminals.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Indeed I said the EU doesn't help them enough.

I will repeat

In total aid (military, financial and humanitarian combined), the European Union and its countries have provided the most to Ukraine

So how about putting your hand in your pocket?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Well... the EU has the ECB that prints money...actually.

Yup, so let's print extra and devalue the euro.

And once again i will repeat

In total aid (military, financial and humanitarian combined), the European Union and its countries have provided the most to Ukraine

So i really don't see what your gripe is other than griping for the sake of griping

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I mean...you can, at least if the majority if your debts are denominated in your base currency.
Trying to avoid either hyperinflation or extreme currency debasement becomes a wee bit difficult though.
It deals with money that would be spent outside of the EU, that is, Ukraine.
So there cannot be devaluation, whenever the money is spent outside of the monetary circuit.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Umm...no.

Devaluation is a different concept again.
Devaluation takes place whenever the real money supply (and not the nominal money supply) is far higher than the quantity of goods and services within a macroeconomic system.
There are so many lawyers and economists who agree with me. The specter of devaluation is something absolutely irrational invented by the monetarists, and based upon conjectures and logical fallacy.