• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Abel the first human to die in history ?

Audie

Veteran Member
Abel was a herder of animals and Cain, his brother, was a tiller of the soil. When Cain kills Abel this symbolized that farmer had superseded migratory herding. This was implicit of the rise of civilization and doing away with the old migratory ways of the pre-humans. That old behavior was connected to the ice age and the need to keep moving. The first modern humans appear connected to civilization; Adam, Eve and Cain. Cain is sent away and given protection so the whomevesr that shall come upon him shall not kill him; the other pre-humans. Cain would breed with the pre-human females and have children of both ways like his parents.

This symbolism makes a point that science has yet to grasp. Since the symbolism says that Cain and Abel were both sons of Adam and Eve, and Cain had a more modern attitude; farming, while Abel was a throwback to an earlier time in human evolution; migratory herder, the change from pre-human to modern humans was not based on a change in the DNA, since both sons had the same DNA of Adam and Eve. The change had to do with the brain. The brain had got ahead of the DNA, via external learning, and had developed will and choice and was used to repress the earlier instinct; kills Abel. This choice reflected a secondary center forming in the human brain; ego and brain update.

The analogy is buying a new IMac computer. It comes with the current operating system. Each year a new operating system is released with new capabilities. The computer stays the same; DNA, but the software is updated. Both Cain and Abel were like two customers who bought similar IMacs, but only Cain does the update, while Abel does not and sort of falls behind the times and disappears into oblivion.

Humans have two centers of consciousness; inner self and ego. The inner self is common to all animals and is the conscious center of the brain connected to the DNA. It defines each species in terms of it instinct and natural behavior. The ego is quite new on the evolutionary scale and appeared to stabilize with the rise with civilization.

Civilization and the road to civilization increasingly created an unnatural and man made environment, which made natural instinct less needed and learned social behavior more important. The inner self was increasingly repressed, and the pre-humans with only an inner self, were made obsolete. The future went to manmade and the ego center; they left paradise. Cain and Abel both had an inner self, due to human DNA, but only Cain had evolved the ego; ego will and choice to kill Abel. Abel remained in paradise with just the inner self and becomes obsolete. The remaining pre-humans would be savaged by the rise of the ego; slaves, conquest and death.

As the story goes, the ego learned external knowledge of good and evil, and was no longer qualified to deal with natural reality. However, the tree of life; inner self, is sealed or repressed but not destroyed. It still operates at an unconscious level. This repression allowed the ego to take center stage and evolve with culture and learned knowledge.

Adam and Eve symbolized the first two modern humans with both inner self and egos, which at first, worked fine together. They were in paradise, implicit of the inner self having all the answers in nature. God has Adam name the animals and plants. Naming is subjective due to language itself being subjective and the sounds arbitrary. There 7000 modern human languages. Although naming was subjective it required choices by Adam implicit of the ego which were neither right or wrong; just an arbitrary sound or name. It was knowledge of good and evil that turns the ego against the inner self; God, and death comes into the world; angry ego. Paradise is lost and the inner self is repressed. Cain killing Abel is like the final nail in the coffin of the past. The world religions attempt to bring the inner self back from behind the seal. While science knows only the ego.
' a point that science has yet to grasp"

But you do. Oh yes.

It's truly amazing just how many internet randos there really are, who know more science than any actual
scientist on earth

LadyJane

However each of us construct our own subjective version of reality
I would agree with that perspective. Each human having a unique perception of objective reality. Would you then consider supernatural stories works of fiction?

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I would agree with that perspective. Each human having a unique perception of objective reality. Would you then consider supernatural stories works of fiction?
Yes

But that in no way means they are without value

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe there is no history of Abel or any other ancient human. There are remains of humanoids reputedly tens of thousands years old which predates Abel by many thousands of years.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Bible contains many genres: history, legend, myth, law, songs, proverbs...

The best way to teach values, ethics, morality, and the truth about human nature is via fiction. So I am not at all surprised that some of the Bible is myth and legend.

The story of Cain and Abel is a myth. They were not historical people. Abel can die in the story without ever existing.
I believe I do not understand how you think you can separate the Word of God from Myth. I know how it can be done with fiction. Jesus simply states that he is telling a parable. If He says so it must be so.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe I do not understand how you think you can separate the Word of God from Myth. I know how it can be done with fiction. Jesus simply states that he is telling a parable. If He says so it must be so.
I think you are agreeing that a parable is a fictitious story that illustrates a moral or religious truth. When you say that you believe the story of the Good Samaritan, you aren't saying that you think this Samaritan actually existed in history, but rather that you believe the lesson that we should show compassion to those in need regardless of ethnicity.

I see no difference saying I believe in the Genesis creation srories, but by that I'm not saying that Adam and Eve are historical people. I'm saying that I believe in story's teachings about human nature.