• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Islam Spread By The Sword?

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
*Paul* said:
:D IS this an admission that it's not christianity??:foot:

Seriously, somebody stop me .

LOL. very nice Paul. :slap:

Of course it isn't. But I think you would agree, we are quite a distinct religion within Christianity.

Frubals...:areyoucra

gnostic

The Lost One
I don't think any monotheistic Abrahamic religion is about peace.

Christianity started off peacefully, without fighting a single battle or war, but once they had gained the ears of the state ruler, it was no longer about peace, but mass conversion, even through the use of force.

Islam had never been peaceful, not in Muhammad's days, but they were far more tolerant of Christianity and Judaism in the regions than the Christians were to the Jews and Muslims. I think people are being naive if they think the empires rose without a touch of blood being spilt in the name of Islam. To say that is no compulsion is false one, since they tax non-Muslim subjects. I think many converted so they can reap the special protections from being Muslims, but once you have converted, you can't leave the religion without facing drastic consequences.

The Christians are actually worse, especially in the West, because they actually torture and burn their own people for hersies and witchcraft, either for their greed, malicious or self, but false belief that they were God's agents on earth. They used fear to force people to comply to their own agenda.

Judaism on the other hand, was never about peace, but you must realise it was different time than that of the beginning of Christianity and Islam, and the history of Israel was ongoing one in biblical times. The purpose was also different too. Judaism was never about converting other people into their religion; they were born into that religion. The religion were made for themselves, and not about salvation in the afterlife. Their religion was based on several covenants made by God to certain people in different times, eg, Noah, Abraham-Isaac-Jacob, Moses, and David. So Judaism is never about global phenomena, it was only local one. It was about people living their lives in their times, and laws (torah) that were keep them in the straight and narrow.

The bottom-line is that all 3 religion have their own positives and negatives. To say that any of these religion is nothing but peace, is both delusional and hypocritical crap.