• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus a Restorationist, a Reformist, or a Revolutionary?

Was Jesus a restorationist, a reformist, or a revolutionary?

• Total voters

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Had there ben a lunatic assylum in the suburbs of Jerusalem, Jesus Christ would infallibly have been shut up in it at the outset of his public career."
Havelock Ellis

Muffled

Jesus in me
"Had there ben a lunatic assylum in the suburbs of Jerusalem, Jesus Christ would infallibly have been shut up in it at the outset of his public career."
Havelock Ellis

My wife thinks I belong there because I hear the voice of God. The materialistic view is that anyone hearing spiritually must be crazy.

I have a different view. I see anyone ignoring God as crazy. From my point of view Jesus is the most sane in an insane world.

Master Vigil

In my humble and probably wrong opinion... human beings are always in need of a big "slap in the face" when it comes to our cultural and spiritual ways. God knew this, and sent Jesus to fulfill this. The sad part is he had to die at our hands for us to find out how stupid we are. Sadly, many of us still don't get it.

logician

"The sad part is he had to die at our hands for us to find out how stupid we are"

I don't think god needed to die for us to know how stupid we are.

A

angellous_evangellous

"The sad part is he had to die at our hands for us to find out how stupid we are"

I don't think god needed to die for us to know how stupid we are.

Yes, we can do that just fine on our own. Then again, we killed god, whether by our hands or our philosophy. What if God resurrects, points to the cross, and says, "you're next."

logician

Lao Tzu said in the Tao Te Ching; "Why is the Ocean the king of all streams? Because it lies lower then they." This is the the way of the Tao. And the way of God. Do not mistake pure humility for weakness.

Do not mistake fiction for fact.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I'm not the one pushing fiction on this forum, or on TV 24/7.
On this we disagree... you are one of the most proselytizing atheists I have known! Somehow you think you have a lock on the truth and logic where all others have failed. It shouldn't take much of a logician to see the multiple fallacies inherent in your approach.

logician

On this we disagree... you are one of the most proselytizing atheists I have known! Somehow you think you have a lock on the truth and logic where all others have failed. It shouldn't take much of a logician to see the multiple fallacies inherent in your approach.

Then you must not know many atheists. I really couldn't care less what you or anyone else believes, but I do care when fiction is paraded as fact. The fact that you take debates personally is not my problem.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Then you must not know many atheists. I really couldn't care less what you or anyone else believes, but I do care when fiction is paraded as fact. The fact that you take debates personally is not my problem.

It might be ego fulfilling for you to think that you are the only person who can discern fact from fiction but it is not logical that you have this ability any better than anyone else.

Jesus says that He is the truth. No one knows the facts better than He does.

Mr. Peanut

Hi!

I voted "other". He is described as: "Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world." Whom I would call my "Saviour".

Cheers!

Mr. Peanut

Hi!

Jesus is also a promise kept. I was reading this the other day, fascinating stuff, really: (from Galatians)

Let me give you an example from everyday life. No one can get rid of an official agreement between people. No one can add to it. It can't be changed after it has been made. It is the same with God's covenant. The promises were given to Abraham. They were also given to his seed. Scripture does not say, "and to seeds." That means many people. It says, "and to your seed."—(Genesis 12:7; 13:15; 24:7) That means one person. And that one person is Christ.

Here is what I mean. The law came 430 years after the promise. But the law does not get rid of God's covenant and promise. The covenant had already been made by God. So the law does not do away with the promise. The great gift that God has for us does not depend on the law. If it did, it would no longer depend on a promise. But God gave it to Abraham as a free gift through a promise.

Then what was the purpose of the law? It was added because of human sin. And it was supposed to control us until the promised Seed had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a go-between. A go-between does not take sides. God didn't use a go-between when he made his promise to Abraham. But the same God was at work in both the law and the promise.

So is the law opposed to God's promises? Certainly not! What if a law had been given that could give life? Then people could become right with God by obeying the law. But Scripture announces that the whole world is a prisoner because of sin. It does so in order that what was promised might be given to those who believe. The promise comes through faith in Jesus Christ.

What do you think of that?

Cheers!