• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Was Jesus Gay?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
So as a gnostic? Do you need Jesus to say: "it's OK to be gay?"
that's not a realistic question given that can't be done unless there is historical fact. besides the fact remains what love hast joined together let no man tear asunder is enough.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
tell us why we should/shouldn't

Because it's fleshy. How people engage in intercourse is superficial compared to the spirit of the act, what it represents, and what happens after they are finished.

Focusing on the physical act in this case is a distraction. It's like eating peanut shells and discarding the rest.

Betho_br

Healing of the Centurion's παῖς (servant, son?) in Matthew 8:5-13

Matthew 8:5-13

When he entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, begging him. and saying, "Lord, my servant is lying at home, paralyzed, terribly tormented." And he said to him, "I will come and heal him." But the centurion replied, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you come under my roof, but only say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I too am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. And I say to one, 'Go,' and he goes, and to another, 'Come,' and he comes, and to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, he marveled and said to those who followed him, "Truly, I tell you, with no one in Israel have I found such faith. I tell you that many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." And Jesus said to the centurion, "Go; let it be done for you as you have believed." And the servant was healed at that very moment.

1. Location of the Servant:
- The centurion says that his servant is "at home" (στον οίκον, "in the house") and "lying" (βέβληται) at home, which suggests that the servant was in the centurion's house. In ancient times, the centurion’s home might not have been a large mansion, but mentioning the house indicates that the servant was in a familiar and secure environment.

2. Relationship with the Servant:
- The term "servant" (παις) is significant. In Roman culture, "pais" could refer to a slave, an employee, or a member of the household with whom the centurion had a close relationship. The fact that the centurion is so concerned about the servant’s condition and implores Jesus to heal him suggests that the servant was more than just a regular employee; he was someone important to the centurion.

3. Concern and Faith:
- The centurion shows great concern and faith by asking Jesus to heal his servant. His willingness to accept the healing without Jesus physically being present in the house demonstrates the depth of his trust in Jesus' authority and power.

So, the text implies that the servant was in the centurion’s house, and the centurion's concern for the servant suggests a close or significant relationship. The act of asking for healing for someone so close to him reflects not only personal concern but also a demonstration of great faith and respect.

If so, Jesus blessed this couple and set them as an example of faith.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
Jesus was asexual. The angels that forsook their original position, having sex with human women producing the Nephilim, were heterosexual. In human form, their unnatural position. Jesus wasn't interested in sex on a personal level. Like the angels above he had been a spirit being,

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm gay as a goose, and I've always found this speculation about Jesus silly. He "used his hands" to baptize people, and so...that means what? He was jerking them off? Like, it's almost comically absurd. It's a South Park episode, not serious history.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I suppose it matters if I'm looking to set him up with my sister or my daughter.

A girl could do worse... ( Insert Yiddish accent)
Good point.

Though, if he was gay, I might be able to set him up with my son...

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
I'm gay as a goose, and I've always found this speculation about Jesus silly. He "used his hands" to baptize people, and so...that means what? He was jerking them off? Like, it's almost comically absurd. It's a South Park episode, not serious history.

Good grief. I will never read the gospel the same way again.

( Puts the gospels on my nightstand )