• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wayofthespirit weighs in.

Wayofthespirit

I am a Monotheistic Deist
Hello to Members of RF.

I have been a Christian believer for over 60 years but became a radical re-examiner of the faith when my first church imploded in contradiction of one of its
fundamental tenants.
I now administer a Christian Forum based on the principle of allowing membership and discussion to any who do not promote insular bigotry.
Unity without uniformity is a heartbreakingly illusive objective but I will not surrender.
[FONT=&quot]I also pursue my objective by promoting it in other forums.
As an artist I like to add visuals to many of my posts.....but I have first to find my way into that (if indeed the facility exists)
Also being old with failing eyesight, I usually bump up the size of my fonts.....tell me if that is not approved.

Peace be with you all

[/FONT]

Wayofthespirit

I believe in Faith, Hope, and Love.

My faith is basically that of a Christian seeking for the hidden treasure of what we call ‘The Kingdom of Heaven’ but I respect all faiths (including the ‘faith’ of Atheism)

I believe in ‘immortal life’ after clinical death for those who live their mortal lives by efficacious faith.

I believe in simple annihilation for the remainder.

I do not presume to be able to judge in respect of who’s faith is ‘efficacious’.

As a Christian I believe in atonement by the sacrificial death of Christ, without which immortal life would not be possible (whatever your faith)

But I do not believe that one has to know about it in order to be atoned by it.

I consider that such as I believe to be partially obscured by a darkened glass through which I am shown glimpses of the mystery of faith by the Grace of God in measure to the unprejudiced sincerity of my search.

[FONT=&quot]I reject the notion that any single person or group has elite revelation that places them in a position of superiority in respect of their faith.[/FONT]

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
welcome to the forum...
You will find I have even simpler Christian beliefs than you propose... but this is not the place for me to expound them. Though they do not includethe likelyhood of physical resurrection.

Wayofthespirit

Welcome to the forum.
My I ask which denomination you choose to follow?

I attend the nearest church to wherever God has placed me at any given point in time.
Provided they will accept me into full fellowship.
Presently that happens to be 'Anglican'.
I had a more fulsome explanation but the site must have a 'character' limit for posts which I have yet to discover.

Mike.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Sounds intriguing but exactly how "will I find"?
I trolled back to your initial posts but all I learned is that this is a UU site.....is that still the case?

I will sort a few things out, perhaps from old posts and PM you later.

You can see from my details that I call myself an Anglican heretic. This is because I follow the Anglican worship tradition but not it's more Calvinistic Ideas.

I have great affinity with the Ideas of the Non subscribing Presbyterians in their non reliance on Dogma.
( I recently discovered that This particular church in Cumber was largely founded and built on land provided by my family.... Welcome to The Non-Subscribing Presbyterian Church of Ireland )

Wayofthespirit

Terry,
I worship in the nearest christian church to wherever God happens to place me at any point in time (provided they will accept me into full fellowship) and that currently happens to be 'Anglican'.
I've just finished producing an illustrated booklet for the church, entitled Symbolism in the tradition of the early church'.
If you're interested I could send you an FOC copy if you're based in the UK.
Mike.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Terry,
I worship in the nearest christian church to wherever God happens to place me at any point in time (provided they will accept me into full fellowship) and that currently happens to be 'Anglican'.
I've just finished producing an illustrated booklet for the church, entitled Symbolism in the tradition of the early church'.
If you're interested I could send you an FOC copy if you're based in the UK.
Mike.

I like the Idea of attending the nearest Christian Church, in principal, but in practise it is not so easy.
The closest church to me by a few feet is an Ebenezer one, followed by a Catholic church. I am not comfortable in the nearest Anglican one... even when full, no one seems to be at home. perhaps I am just too picky. Your qualification of full fellowship, rules out Catholic Churches and any other with Exclusive views about the Eucharist, which is a pity as Catholic worship has much to recommend it.
I have my self attended Baptist, methodist, congregational and Lutheran, and even sevices held in private houses by missions, when abroad.
When it comes down to basics, the Holy spit is in each of us, it is not limited to a particular church.

The Saddleworth team of churches includes Anglican Priests of various shades. and our church benefits from all of them over the year. They vary from the near charismatic to High Anglo-Catholic and include some women and not long ago, one openly Gay priest.
I find the Acceptance of such a wide range, quite special in the Anglican communion.

I would be interestd in seeing a copy of your book, and perhaps pass it along to our church after I have read it.
I have recently been reading the Didache and commentary by Aaron Milavec. It gives an excellent insight into how converts were trained in to the "Jesus movement" in those very early days. It is also very interesting that so little of "church Dogma" had yet been introduced.

Wayofthespirit

I've just discovered that I'm already registered here under username 'Savingthebaby'
At my age I'm terribly forgetful and it may even transpire that I've registered here more than just twice.
How do I find out and put things straight?
What if I've been here before and been banned?

Mike.

croak

Trickster
Welcome, wayofthespirit. :)

If your eyesight is failing, you might want to zoom in in your browser. That way, everything will be easier to see. If you use Internet Explorer, see here: How to Zoom in Internet Explorer If you use Firefox, it's pretty much the same.

Wayofthespirit

Welcome, wayofthespirit. :)

If your eyesight is failing, you might want to zoom in in your browser. That way, everything will be easier to see. If you use Internet Explorer, or if you use Firefox, it's pretty much the same.

Thanks croak.(It seems that quoting your post verbatum generated a warning that I musn't quote URL's until my post count reaches 15...what strange software:rolleyes: )
It's a factor of habit. I've been enlarging my font in forums for years and it was only a few moths ago that I found out about what you've explained.
Another senility I'm afraid.

Mike.