• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We are all one

Spiritone

When we look at all the designs of nature and the planets and how all is kept in balance, for me, it is not possible for there to not be a Creator, After that fact it's an open book. We can listen to what has been written as evidence of what God is or combine science and numerology and the works of psychics etc. but it really does not matter what we decide or find. There is something beyond our physical existence and whatever that may be no one knows for 100% certainty.
I just realized I'm writing this on Easter Sunday. What I said above is just a beginning in our search for meaning. There are many ways to search and if the intent is right it should not matter how we learn and grow. We need a new beginning with all religious dogma kept to ourselves. Just, all is one. imo.
p s That's my sermon for the day for anyone to add on to or debate.

Last edited:

logician

When we look at all the designs of nature and the planets and how all is kept in balance, for me, it is not possible for there to not be a Creator, After that fact it's an open book. We can listen to what has been written as evidence of what God is or combine science and numerology and the works of psychics etc. but it really does not matter what we decide or find. There is something beyond our physical existence and whatever that may be no one knows for 100% certainty.
I just realized I'm writing this on Easter Sunday. What I said above is just a beginning in our search for meaning. There are many ways to search and if the intent is right it should not matter how we learn and grow. We need a new beginning with all religious dogma kept to ourselves. Just, all is one. imo.
p s That's my sermon for the day for anyone to add on to or debate.

What balance is being kept? The universe is really quite a dangerous place.

Kodanshi

StygnosticA
Appeal to design. Already refuted by natural selection and arguments by David Hume against William Paley.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
When we look at all the designs of nature and the planets and how all is kept in balance, for me, it is not possible for there to not be a Creator, After that fact it's an open book.
I have been working on a new piece on Oneness for several months now and am still not happy with the flow of the concept. When one gets over the superficial banality of "All is One" and gets down into the meat of the matter, the concept tends to get more than a bit slippery. Try it sometime and you will see what I mean. Aside from this, you are describing your own viewpoint, not others, and not mine. You see design, where I simply see. You see a Designer and I am still here, looking, without forcing reality to conform to my beliefs about reality. My advice to to keep reading that open book of your own viewpoint but never skip to chance to critically examine what you perceive.

To me, it all makes much more sense without a creator. You say once you accept that, everything falls into place. I must vehemently disagree.

There are so many bad ideas with the good ideas, there is so much uncertainty, inequality, so much suffering... how one reconciles it with a "plan" by something else is a mental gymnastic none of us are able to perform.

There is no inherent balance, unless you mean the entire enterprise headed toward entropy is balance. To look for a creator is to give meaning to your life, not to all life and all planets and all stars and all black holes.

Numerology is simply ridiculous, especially as it applies to calendrical studies. We have put numbers to time and dates, and we're obviously making it up as we go along, like we do with so many other endeavors.

We have life and we have language, both of which have evolved to a point where we can sit at a computer screen pouring out our philosophical whatevers. It means nothing in the end, unless we want it to for our lifetimes. The creator, if there is one, is indifferent.

blackout

Violet.
If we are All ONE... does that not make us All creator then?

and eternal in BEing and nature? (matter only changes form, no?)

:run:Here come the science guyzzz! :eek:

:D

Spiritone

If we are All ONE... does that not make us All creator then?[/COLOR][/B]

and eternal in BEing and nature? (matter only changes form, no?)

Yes, all creation is part of the Creator inc. us.
We decide our present and our future collectively.
As long as we fight each other and argue about what religious beliefs are right and wrong we will not progress.

It's up to us. :D

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Spiritone

To me, it all makes much more sense without a creator. You say once you accept that, everything falls into place. I must vehemently disagree.

Sorry, but I did not say that. God is God regardless of what we believe. But why argue about it. It gets no one anywhere,

There is no inherent balance, unless you mean the entire enterprise headed toward entropy is balance. To look for a creator is to give meaning to your life, not to all life and all planets and all stars and all black holes.

How could anyone not look for a creator of what could not just happen by chance.

Numerology is simply ridiculous, especially as it applies to calendrical studies. We have put numbers to time and dates, and we're obviously making it up as we go along, like we do with so many other endeavors.

I was saying that people can and do find what they are looking for in the I-Ching and numerology even if it is make believe to others. But there is danger in that approach. It's not my thing at all. I try to consider all things and adjust according to what I find.

[/QUOTE]

Christian Pilgrim

We are are one in more ways than one.

Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.

"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' "Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by man's design and skill. In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

When they heard about the resurrection of the dead, some of them sneered, but others said, "We want to hear you again on this subject." At that, Paul left the Council. A few men became followers of Paul and believed. Among them was Dionysius, a member of the Areopagus, also a woman named Damaris, and a number of others. - The Holy Bible

Spiritone

I have been working on a new piece on Oneness for several months now and am still not happy with the flow of the concept. When one gets over the superficial banality of "All is One" and gets down into the meat of the matter, the concept tends to get more than a bit slippery. Try it sometime and you will see what I mean. Aside from this, you are describing your own viewpoint, not others, and not mine. You see design, where I simply see. You see a Designer and I am still here, looking, without forcing reality to conform to my beliefs about reality. My advice to to keep reading that open book of your own viewpoint but never skip to chance to critically examine what you perceive.

If you don't see how 'All is one' makes sense fine. I have tried it already and am happy with it. Of course I'm describing my own viewpoint, not anyone else's.
That goes without saying. Also you can't avoid design in everything. You simply see? What? I think you are missing something in your own statements.

Spiritone

We are are one in more ways than one.

Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.

"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.' "Therefore since we are God's offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by man's design and skill. In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

When they heard about the resurrection of the dead, some of them sneered, but others said, "We want to hear you again on this subject." At that, Paul left the Council. A few men became followers of Paul and believed. Among them was Dionysius, a member of the Areopagus, also a woman named Damaris, and a number of others. - The Holy Bible

We are not in disagreement mostly. I don't see what you said has much to do with what I said. It is not possible to specify what you think in just a few sentances so we are misunderstood often.

Spiritone

What balance is being kept? The universe is really quite a dangerous place.

When you consider that planets are not flying off into space and have been circling in a mostly consistent order for probably millions of years what is an occasional collision--maybe even intended. But there is balance or we would not be here now.

When you consider that planets are not flying off into space and have been circling in a mostly consistent order for probably millions of years what is an occasional collision--maybe even intended. But there is balance or we would not be here now.

This is a very earth-human-centric point of view... I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's only a comment that you cannot make that comment and also hold a universe-centric view.

To each their own, if it makes you happy and doesn't really hurt anyone. :)

J Bryson

I agree that all are one, but remain unconvinced one way or the other regarding the concept of a creator God. As we all come from the same source at the moment of that cosmic explosion that we refer to half-jokingly as the "big bang", and all energy in the universe was released at that moment, then all things in the cosmos are inextricably interrelated and intertwined with each other.

*Paul*

Jesus loves you
"All is one" is the embrace that smothers, nothing is special if all is one, nothing is evil bif all is one, nothing is good if all is one. If all is one then what matters?

I am not one with the wasps that attack me every year, I am not one with a tsunami and I am not one with with the noxious gasses on Venus.