• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"We need to make children to support the older generations"

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
This thread reminds me of something I saw a while back...

700px-Italy_Population_Pyramid.svg.png

Oof... Looks like trouble is on the horizon for older generations in Italy
Italy had 45 million people in the fifties, and people were doing fine.
There was the economic boom.
So we need to return to that number.
But it's impossible, because they keep making babies.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Italy had 45 million people in the fifties, and people were doing fine.
There was the economic boom.
So we need to return to that number.
But it's impossible, because they keep making babies.

For comparison, here is what the generational demographics in the USA looks like. Compare the two. Do you see a problem?

US_population_pyramid_%282018%29.jpg

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
For comparison, here is what the generational demographics, here's what ours in the USA looks like. Compare the two. Do you see a problem?

US_population_pyramid_%282018%29.jpg
It perfectly makes sense because the United States have a monetary sovereignty, they are much richer than us.
I am 100% sure that among the 393,000 babies born last year in Italy, at least 80% were from rich families, who can afford them.
:)

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
It perfectly makes sense because the United States have a monetary sovereignty, they are much richer than us.
I am 100% sure that among the 393,000 babies born last year in Italy, at least 80% were from rich families, who can afford them.
:)

What about India? They have a much healthier and even generational growth than both the USA and Italy

700px-India_single_age_population_pyramid_2020.png

I suspect something else

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
What about India? They have a much healthier and even generational growth than both the USA and Italy

700px-India_single_age_population_pyramid_2020.png

I suspect something else
We are speaking of first world here. Where contraception and healthcare ensure birth control.

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
We are speaking of first world here. Where contraception and healthcare ensure birth control.

Ehhh... I suspect more is at work than just birth control or monetary security, though I do think both of those things contribute. I feel there's a cultural influence as well. For example, look at South Korea. As far as monetary wealth goes, they are doing very well for themselves as far as I'm aware

700px-South_Korea_Population_Pyramid.svg.png

Kfox

Well...it deals with people who cannot breathe unless they gain their daily million of dollars.
I guess that that's what they say in their Lord's prayer. :)
So I don't think they want to renounce that pleasure...they just want citizens to breed and make new babies, future slaves.
What on Earth are you talking about, and how come you aren't addressing what I said?