• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

We were all born atheists,

M

Majikthise

Judgement Day said:
True that aborigines had no religion(formally), but by their nature, they believe in the existance of the ultimate first cause of everything called God. If society as primitive as the aborigines believe in God, people cannot be born atheists.
They will also percieve the world as being flat and the sun sinking into the ocean every night.;)

shytot

Judgement Day,,, As I said, 'I suspect you have the ability to convince yourself to believe
anything you want'
and now you are trying to tell us, everything in the universe was put there just to impress us!!!!
all there so that when we die we will go somewhere else to be with, who knows what,
and at the end of your post you say, 'If society as primitive as the aborigines believe in God, people cannot be born atheists', what about 'fear of the unknown', or are you saying,
'fear of the unknown' is the same as, 'believing in a God'?
we all know the earth had been here for a long time before we came on the scene,
in fact, putting the time into the form of a day, we have been here about 8 seconds,
and in that time, according to you, we have decided exactly what it's all about, I don't think so.
I understand you have religion, so it is not so easy for you to look at things from the outside,
your mind is made up, and the way you see things is the only way to see it,
I once ask a Christian preachers wife a question, I said, 'if your husband showed you
a trick that was unbelievable, and he said it was magic, you would not believe him,
but if he stood in the pulpit and told you stories about Jesus doing miracles, you
would nod your head and believe every word, how come, she said it was because
he was talking about God, and anything is possible when you talk about God.
That to my way of thinking just about covers every base there is, so i suppose
you have been well and truly captured.
As long as your happy.