• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird Habbits

Panda

42?
Premium Member
As I was lieing here on the floor next to my bed hidden from view in a little corner bit below my window where no one can see me I was wondering about everyones weird habbits. I know i've got a few that include singing and talking to myself, sitting on rocks on beaches at 4am and taking bus journeys because for some reason I find it relaxing. Got me thinking and its amazing how many weird and strange habbits people have. What weird habbits to you have?

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
I sometimes time myself with weird things like making sure I stay for at least five minutes turned on one side when I sleep and letting the morning water run for five minutes before using it.

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
my hobbits are not weird at all, but appear quite normal.

Now if we are going to talk about HABITS that is a whole nuther thing.

I don't know many nuns, but yes i secretly think their habits are weird. tho it would be rude to mention it i think.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I see I'm not the only one tempted to steer the thread towards weird hobbits... perhaps it's a shared weird habit?

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
I see I'm not the only one tempted to steer the thread towards weird hobbits... perhaps it's a shared weird habit?

ahhh, the "hobbit/habit" habit.

but then one could go off on all the weird habits of hobbits.

do yours ever shave their toes??? leaving little heart shapes???

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
As I was lieing here on the floor next to my bed hidden from view in a little corner bit below my window where no one can see me I was wondering about everyones weird habbits. I know i've got a few that include singing and talking to myself, sitting on rocks on beaches at 4am and taking bus journeys because for some reason I find it relaxing. Got me thinking and its amazing how many weird and strange habbits people have. What weird habbits to you have?
Talking to oneself is normal --everyone does it. You know that old lady who you see on the street, walking so slow and talking aloud to herself, as if she had something important to say and it had to come out just now, and you just know she lives alone in a small apartment with a cat and is slowly going mad... well, that's me.

*waves*

Aren't all habits weird? You know what would be weird? A discussion of "normal" habits. ;)

FatMan

This is the weirdest habit I have:

catholic-nun-habit.jpg

lunamoth

Will to love

Excerpts from A Halfling's Guide To How To Work Middle Earth Before It Works You: Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Hobbits by Frodo Baggins
  • Be proactive: "This was a hard-learned lesson for me. My faithful friend Samwise Gamgee and I waited far too long in the Shire for Gandalf to return and ended up having to make our way to Rivendell while being followed by the Ringwraiths. If I had to do that again, I would have sat down with quill and parchment and set out a list of objectives for the mission and started much earlier. I would have had an easier time of it."
  • Begin with the end in mind: "When we set out with the ring from Rivendell, we knew we had to take the ring to Mordor and we kept that in mind all the time, no matter what happened. I would stare at the ring in my hand a lot, dramatically zooming in on it, several times a day, just to remind myself what we were supposed to be doing. Sam kept wanting to leave and go to the beach, but I'd just sigh, turn around and smack him in the head. Sam's an idiot. Never work with an idiot, that's another good thing to remember."
  • Put first things first: "Boy, Barliman Butterbur should have remembered this one! Because he wasn't able to keep his tasks prioritized ('one thing drives out another, as we say in Bree!') he forgot to send me the message from Gandalf to leave the Shire and thus cost us a lot of trouble. I would have smacked him in the head as well, but he was too tall."
  • Think win/win: "We had to keep this in mind at the Council of Elrond. Someone suggested just throwing the ring in the ocean, but Gandalf reminded them that this would just put the danger off for some years and it would come back. 'Throw the ring in the ocean!' 'Bury the ring in a forest!' Ya know, I had to work with some of the densest people on this stupid job. Never let your team be picked by a committee, that's another key thing to remember."
  • Seek first to understand and then to be understood: "Well, as much as possible, anyway. Gandalf told me not to do anything with the ring and went to research it and make sure that it was the One Ring, which was the right thing to do, but he made the mistake of going to Saruman the White, the head of his order, who turned out ot be evil. This just shows the danger of involving upper management too much in your projects, because very often, upper management are evil megolomaniacal villains who want to take over the world by breeding an unholy army of the night. Much of the time, anyway."
  • Synergize: "When the Council met to discuss what to do with the ring, Elrond was acutely aware of the importance of synergy, to make sure the whole team was on the same... to, uh, make sure that the concept for the mission was well under... to underline the importance of... o.k, I admit it! I don't know what the hell synergy means! Happy?!"
  • Sharpen the sword: "It's important to constantly remind yourself why you are on the mission you're on, what you purpose is, why you're doing all the work. Motivation is key. Since we could really look after ourselves socially or physically, we concentrated on the spiritual. I'd say all the time, 'Sam, do you remember when we used to go to the Swinging Lantern and watch the furry maidens dance?' And Sam would nod and smile. He always liked the maidens. Contrary to rumour."

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
This just shows the danger of involving upper management too much in your projects, because very often, upper management are evil megolomaniacal villains who want to take over the world by breeding an unholy army of the night. Much of the time, anyway.
So true.
:yes:

My habits, such as hanging upside down like a bat when I need to think, are perfectly normal and in no way weird. It is everyone else's habits that are weird.

Fredx10

If I take something out of a drawer, like a screwdriver, I leave the drawer open to remind me that something's out of place.