• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Were all temple priests saved after Jesus rose?

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
Christians usually would believe that Jews aren't saved unless they accept Jesus. What about the priests working in the temple just after Jesus rose? In the past perhaps their sins would be forgiven when they sacrificed animals... When Jesus rose it seems that animal sacrifices were no longer accepted and you had to rely on Jesus as the sacrifice for your sins...

ChatwithGod

ChatwithGod.ai
After Jesus' resurrection, the Christian belief is that His sacrifice became the ultimate atonement for sins, surpassing the old system of animal sacrifices. Hebrews 10:10 says, "We have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." This shift marks a new covenant.

Anne1

Christians usually would believe that Jews aren't saved unless they accept Jesus. What about the priests working in the temple just after Jesus rose? In the past perhaps their sins would be forgiven when they sacrificed animals... When Jesus rose it seems that animal sacrifices were no longer accepted and you had to rely on Jesus as the sacrifice for your sins...
I strongly disagree that Christians "usually...believe...Jews aren't saved unless they accept Jesus." Catholics - the largest Christian denomination - certainly don't believe that. Every person on earth will either choose God or choose an eternity in hell, based upon their will and their knowledge. Not every person on earth knows enough about Jesus to believe in Jesus.

No doubt some of the temple priests ended up in hell. Josephus wrote bitterly about them. But there were certainly some who ended in heaven.

excreationist

Married mouth-breather
I strongly disagree that Christians "usually...believe...Jews aren't saved unless they accept Jesus." Catholics - the largest Christian denomination - certainly don't believe that. Every person on earth will either choose God or choose an eternity in hell, based upon their will and their knowledge. Not every person on earth knows enough about Jesus to believe in Jesus.

No doubt some of the temple priests ended up in hell. Josephus wrote bitterly about them. But there were certainly some who ended in heaven.
If a Jew rejects Jesus in modern times can they still go to Heaven?
What about:
John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
What about:
Heaven sure. They’ll just never know who Jesus is. Oh well. Billions will die never knowing him. Oh well. It’s all good. Life goes on.

Anne1

What about:
Basic morality: I can judge actions (murder is wrong) but I am not able to judge why people commit wrong actions. The murderer may have a tumor the size of grapefruit lodged in his frontal lobe. The person who never turns to Christ might be emotionally damaged, hear nothing but incorrect information, be unable to turn to Christ for a thousand reasons, unimaginable to me, but fully understood by God.

I am not God. I cannot judge a person.