• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What a Cruel World

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
We have some conservatives on this site that are quite good at defending their positions. On the other hand, we have a large number that rely (almost exclusively) on citing the worst of the ultra right outlets (i.e. Faux News, the Heritage Foundation).
Was you thinking of little ol me?
When you get all of your news from such sources, you are destined to get a distorted view of the events that happen in our world. Faux News can't report a house fire without trying to put partisan spin on it.
Here is where your strawman begins strawman. ;) Why do you think I only watch FOX news?
I know that the more conservative a person is, the more they want to believe that only Faux News is unbiased, and the other 95% of the news outlets are skewed, but it just isn't so.
Wrong again! Either I am not a neo-con, or you are wrong. Fox is biased, but pails by comparison to pmsnbc.
Please - you have to understand why everyone that isn't a Dittohead rolls their eyes when someone quotes Rush Limbaugh as a source, or uses Sean Hannity to defend their position.
I can see your point, but you are wrong about the Heritage Foundation. While biased, numbers don't lie.

I'm an agnostic, guys - but I'm praying for you to try to tune into other sources for your news. Well, okay - I'm not really praying - but you get the picture.

I don't know how you can say that with a straight face. I believe you are as much of an Agnostic as I am a Liberal. :sorry1:

Last edited:

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I didn't say Japanese, I said Japanee...I don't 'typo'. So you know.
Never heard of that word. Ever.

Maybe they shouldn't have started the war in the first place...
So the actions of the Japanese call for such action against Japanese-American Citizens? Is that what you're saying?

What about the people 'wrongly suspected'? Were they denied any rights under the Constitution? No. Privacy may have been violated but it's not like they were spying in on your bedroom activities, they were spying in on your calls to Pakistan...or Iraq.
Privacy is a right, last I checked. That's like saying you can't sue for a wrongful arrest.

Clearly rights only go so far as public safety and the Founding Fathers would never have condoned a destruction of the republic to absolutely save certain rights. To deny people a right to privacy to ensure they are not terrorists is fine, the US has gone a lot further than that in previous wars to ensure public safety. Without public safety you cannot have any rights at all; so it's a moot point.

And I know; Japanee is the legitimate "derogatory" word; it and Japs is the difference between 'nig.....ger' and 'nigga'. Or rather; the difference between African-American and "Afro-Amer."

Japs is a short form of Japanese, and not derogatory at least in the majority of the country; maybe on the very very west coast some Japanese found it "derogatory" but no more than calling a German a Kraut. They'd just shrug or laugh with it.

Comicaze247

See the previous line
And I know; Japanee is the legitimate "derogatory" word; it and Japs is the difference between 'nig.....ger' and 'nigga'. Or rather; the difference between African-American and "Afro-Amer."

Japs is a short form of Japanese, and not derogatory at least in the majority of the country; maybe on the very very west coast some Japanese found it "derogatory" but no more than calling a German a Kraut. They'd just shrug or laugh with it.
Just did a google search. No such thing as "Japanee" except a Japanese restaurant somewhere in Bloomington, Indiana.

Seems people disagree with you. Shocker.
Urbandictionary said:
jap 831 up, 419 down
A term used for people of Japanses decent, also used as a derogatory term during World War II.
i killed 5 of them japs today
danm kamakazi japs
Urban Dictionary: jap

I can confirm Japanee does exist as a term and is long buried; literally, I first came across it when I found a grave stone from the late 1800s listing the buried as a "Japanee", but sure enough my 93 year old Grandmother confirmed the term is what they used to call Japs. The term Japs however is hardly derogatory unless you're a smug prick (watch South Park).

Comicaze247

See the previous line
I can confirm Japanee does exist as a term and is long buried; literally, I first came across it when I found a grave stone from the late 1800s listing the buried as a "Japanee", but sure enough my 93 year old Grandmother confirmed the term is what they used to call Japs. The term Japs however is hardly derogatory unless you're a smug prick (watch South Park).
*facepalm*

Translated: "The proof is long gone, but my grandma says it was true!":rolleyes:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
What a shame.

What's this world coming to, when you can't use racial slurs and simply pass them off as acceptable in a different era?

The bigots don't seem to be able to stay around long enough to actually finish a debate.

Pity.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Reason and news isn't that an oxymoron. I haven't yet seen a news cast that wasn't biased. :sleep:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
You enjoy debating with bigots?
Not really, but I do enjoy "tweaking their nose", when they get on a roll.

I find that most of them can't stop frothing at the mouth long enough to actually reflect on their own position.

Come to think of it, when was the last time you saw a good bigot say something like "now that I think about it, I was out of line to say that ..."?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
A conservative think tank promoting public policy research and analysis based on free enterprise, limited government, individual freedom...

You couple that with the fact that they distort the heck out of research data, and twist it unmercifully to make it fit their agenda, and the next thing you know, it takes a true sycophant to defend their work.

linwood

Originally Posted by Investocracy
Heritage Foundation is well researched and hardly ultra right.

Did he actually say this?

Maybe he was banned for being oblivious to reality.

Maybe?

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Did he actually say this?

Maybe he was banned for being oblivious to reality.

Maybe?
A fine point, linwood. I'm not a moderator, but it's hard to say if they got him for such blatant disregard for the truth, the racial slurs, or the personal attacks on everyone that doesn't wear a flag lapel pin.

Either way, the good die young.