• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What a great theory: those hurricanes are not natural disaster

Yerda

Veteran Member
If there is anything I've learned in my short life, it's that the human race doesn't know CRAP!
Unless you've a special esoteric grasp of doesn't know CRAP!, I'd say you are mistaken

tomspug said:
...even though the most people know about it is what they saw in Al Gore's movie, which NO scientist will stand by as factual.
RealClimate say: How well does the film handle the science? Admirably, I thought.
(Eric Steig is an isotope geochemist at the University of Washington in Seattle.)

tomspug said:
The truth about global warming is that there IS no consensus...
So I've heard...

tomspug said:
Are there things wrong with the climate? Yes. But people don't realize how miniscule our impact on the weather is, in general.
That's the debate, innit.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Unless you've a special esoteric grasp of doesn't know CRAP!, I'd say you are mistaken
As would I

RealClimate say: How well does the film handle the science? Admirably, I thought.
(Eric Steig is an isotope geochemist at the University of Washington in Seattle.)
Well, RealClimate is a biased site, but its obvious that Gore cherrypicked his data to paint a bleak picture. Nothing wrong with admitting its little more than propaganda, its politics
That's the debate, innit.
Its a bit more than that, mostly about how CO2 drives temperature changes (it may be vice versa) and whether we should do anything about it even if it does exist.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Well, RealClimate is a biased site, but its obvious that Gore cherrypicked his data to paint a bleak picture. Nothing wrong with admitting its little more than propaganda, its politics
I haven't actually seen it, I just wanted to show that climate scientists have reviewed the work and deemed it useful, if not sound.