• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What am I?

Wills191

Sorry for selfishly taking up a thread to talk about myself but I couldn't think of a better place to ask this question.

My beliefs:
- I believe in one god who created and "controls" this and all other realities.
- I also believe in one heaven which all life ascends to, I don't believe in hell.

Basically, What am I (religiously speaking)?

The closest I could find was theism but it would be great if there was a religion similar to my beliefs.

...and feel free to ask more questions..

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
"What am I?"

A reasonable person. :yes:

But then again I may just be saying that because your believe the same things that I do.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Boy, I hate to sound like I'm recruiting for Unity, but...check out Unity!
smiley-excited002.gif

crocusj

Sorry for selfishly taking up a thread to talk about myself but I couldn't think of a better place to ask this question.

My beliefs:
- I also believe in one heaven which all life ascends to, I don't believe in hell.

The closest I could find was theism but it would be great if there was a religion similar to my beliefs.

Be careful of what you wish for, be wary of Greeks baring gifts and all that. Do you require this religion to augment or confirm your beliefs? Do you require it to set out your moral path to this heaven? Do you require it to explain creation and control. Do you need it so to label yourself. Is Wills191 not enough? If you require none of these then you have already found your religion and it is indeed Wills191 and anything that adds to that should be taken from many sources and not just one, particularly not one that you are specifically looking for. If you are merely looking for your beliefs to be massaged or validated come to places like this, they don't charge for "extras".

horizon_mj1

My beliefs:

Sounds like Jehovah Witness beliefs to me.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

My beliefs:

Have you ever seen this quiz before?
Belief-O-Matic

It will ask you a series of questions, kind of along the lines of what you have already said, then it will give you a list of faiths/beliefs that correspond to you choices.

Let me add that you shouldn’t take it too seriously, regardless of what percent you get. But it will give you a good list of things to consider.

My beliefs:

I would suggest trying to avoid religion per se; religions tend to want to tie you down. I can identify with your beliefs, and would suggest just living them. There are those who will try to deceive you into betraying those beliefs but be true to yourself. Finding "fellowship" will both harder and easier. Easier because you'll have a much wider field to select from, and harder because you're not likely to find a group who all believe as you do. So don't make your spiritual beliefs the central focus of the groups you associate with. I have found inspiration from the words of Christ to support my beliefs, but be warned: everyone and his brother will have their take on what his words mean. If you seek support for what you already believe in his words, you will find it there. And for what it's worth, anything he says that seems to conflict with your beliefs as stated is either the result of translation/transcription errors, over-literalism, or not taking the whole context into consideration. Go with God.

My beliefs:

just relax and ask yourself more questions. there's no need to seek out a group to validate you, just be yourself.

Wills191

Thanks for all the answers everyone! Thats really kind. Don't worry I'm not trying to tie myself down to one religion just curious to find out if there are any similar to my beliefs. :D

Unity looks very interesting though so I will look into that and do the quiz too.

Not too sure about JW tho, I'm bisexual and I'm not sure there all that gay friendly :rolleyes: plus far too strict for me I think.

*UPDATE
just done the quiz and I am 100% liberal Quaker! Can't see myself practising that but I totally agree with all of their views on the info page, so Quakers go up in my estimation. :)

Oh and Jehovahs Witness came bottom with 7%. And having read their info (anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-divorce, pro traditional gender roles, believe in hell.) I think I'm the opposite of a JW, should be interesting next time they come around. ;)

Last edited:

drsatish

[FONT=&quot]What Am I?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Well![/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]“I” is what I perceive to be what I ‘think’ …”I”…is..[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]“I” is what “THEY” …’Expect’…..’YOU’…to ….BE![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](Banks, Parents, Cupid-Stuff, Teachers, Religious Fellows, Skin-Color Fellows, Hormone-Fellows, Territory-Slave Fellows!)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]U got NO CHOICE![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ELSE….[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]U will become I ![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Satish[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

AfterGlow

Invisible Puffle
My beliefs:

Optimistic.

InChrist

Free4ever

My beliefs:

You are a sinner like everyone else, in need of a Savior not a religion. And it sounds like you are a seeker.

Jesus said, “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

mohammed_beiruti

My beliefs:

maybe monotheist !

Thanks for all the answers everyone! Thats really kind. Don't worry I'm not trying to tie myself down to one religion just curious to find out if there are any similar to my beliefs. :D

Unity looks very interesting though so I will look into that and do the quiz too.

Not too sure about JW tho, I'm bisexual and I'm not sure there all that gay friendly :rolleyes: plus far too strict for me I think.

*UPDATE
just done the quiz and I am 100% liberal Quaker! Can't see myself practising that but I totally agree with all of their views on the info page, so Quakers go up in my estimation. :)

Oh and Jehovahs Witness came bottom with 7%. And having read their info (anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-divorce, pro traditional gender roles, believe in hell.) I think I'm the opposite of a JW, should be interesting next time they come around. ;)

I took the test about a year or so ago, and I came out a liberal Quaker too. Interesting.