• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHAT are we discussing here in this RF?

drsatish

Is it Humans?

Is it Gods?

Is it Demons?

Is it Solid Matter?

Is it Non-Solid Matter?

Satish

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Well, we discuss, compare, and debate religions.
Along with social, scientific and philosophical issues.

Seems pretty obvious...

drsatish

Obviously.

You seem to KNOW...

that is you have KNOWLEDGE....

Can you tell me if there is ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN

..social knowledge
...scientific knowledge..
....religious knowledge...
......philosophical knowledge...

If KNOWLEDGE...can be compartmentalized..?
Or
If Compartmentalized Knowledge
Can
LAY CLAIM to …..THE ……KNOWLEDGE?
Satish

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
We discuss, compare, and debate religions. Let's break those down.

Discussion is when two or more people are talking about a certain subject, ideally sharing each other's knowledge on it.

Comparing is when we look at two or more things and focus in on how they are similar and different.

Debating is when one person presents a position on a certain subject and explains his or her reasoning for holding that position. Others who hold the same position then give other reasons or supplement the ones already given. Then a person or people who hold a contrary position present reasons why that position may not work, isn't correct, etc.

Religion, generally, comprises any combination of mythology, which is often viewed as history but not always, rituals, ethical and moral guidelines, or laws, for living, and philosophy.

So when discussing, comparing, or debating religion, there can be as many subjects as there are in religions in general. God-concepts, whether or not certain mythological figures existed, cosmology, metaphysics, religious-based ethics and morals, etc.

Understand?

Gloone

Is it Humans?

Is it Gods?

Is it Demons?

Is it Solid Matter?

Is it Non-Solid Matter?

Satish
Just about anything and everything that has absolutely nothing to do with anything. :D

drsatish

We discuss, compare, and debate religions. Let's break those down.

Discussion is when two or more people are talking about a certain subject, ideally sharing each other's knowledge on it.

Comparing is when we look at two or more things and focus in on how they are similar and different.

Debating is when one person presents a position on a certain subject and explains his or her reasoning for holding that position. Others who hold the same position then give other reasons or supplement the ones already given. Then a person or people who hold a contrary position present reasons why that position may not work, isn't correct, etc.

Religion, generally, comprises any combination of mythology, which is often viewed as history but not always, rituals, ethical and moral guidelines, or laws, for living, and philosophy.

So when discussing, comparing, or debating religion, there can be as many subjects as there are in religions in general. God-concepts, whether or not certain mythological figures existed, cosmology, metaphysics, religious-based ethics and morals, etc.

Understand?

Can you please tell me what has come out of these debates with a fair degree of certainty?...something like Essence or Essential Conclusions?

Satish

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Can you please tell me what has come out of these debates with a fair degree of certainty?...something like Essence or Essential Conclusions?

Satish

Each person will get different things from different debates.

For example, debating here has helped me be more critical of my own ideas, I've learned a lot about other religions, I've learned how to be more precise with my arguments, etc.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
decoder_ring.jpg

drsatish

Don't know about the others, but I mostly discuss images.

Ah! Yes! Images!
(and that includes mythological stories...)

Take away the Images....and what are you left with?
Clarity?

Take away Aggression...and what are you left with?
Purity?

Satish

drsatish

Each person will get different things from different debates.

For example, debating here has helped me be more critical of my own ideas, I've learned a lot about other religions, I've learned how to be more precise with my arguments, etc.

"more critical of my own ideas" - that means you 'dropped' some of your previous ideas. Would you mind sharing?
I would also request all other members to come forward and state if they 'dropped' any of their previous ideas after coming here. Pls state and share.

"learned a lot about other religions" - about how they function or about some core truths?

"more precise with my arguments" - what have you or others, gained by this? Some examples would help.

Satish

Riverwolf

Premium Member
"more critical of my own ideas" - that means you 'dropped' some of your previous ideas.

No, it doesn't necessarily. It just means that I was able to more readily look at my ideas with a more critical eye. Some of them still managed to stay, some of them didn't.

"learned a lot about other religions" - about how they function or about some core truths?

In some cases, that they existed at all. ^_^

But in terms of your options, both and others.

"more precise with my arguments" - what have you or others, gained by this? Some examples would help.

I can't think of any specifics at the moment, but suffice to say that I have asperger's syndrome, so it's actually difficult for me to express myself normally. This forum has really helped me be much clearer in my statements, at least in terms of typing them out.

drsatish

No, it doesn't necessarily. It just means that I was able to more readily look at my ideas with a more critical eye. Some of them still managed to stay, some of them didn't.

In some cases, that they existed at all. ^_^

But in terms of your options, both and others.

I can't think of any specifics at the moment, but suffice to say that I have asperger's syndrome, so it's actually difficult for me to express myself normally. This forum has really helped me be much clearer in my statements, at least in terms of typing them out.

Sorry to hear that you are burdened with AS. But be assured that they are only 'malformed' in the outer circles, but inside, you and me, are the Same...Identical...No Lesser...No Greater! May be you can work from the inside on developing the 'missing factors' like say empathy and become a beacon to others with AS. Show Thy Light!

Satish

Evandr

Stripling Warrior

We discuss paths.

Some see the path in front of them looking to where they are going while others can only see their path by looking back and seeing where they have been while others still like talking about paths while ignoring the reality that they are on one at all; we are thusly comparing, observing, debating, and, if we are smart, learning a thing or two along the way. That is why rational intelligent and thoughtful discussions are so refreshing while strawman discussions and/or verbal tantrums are so objectionable.