• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you listening to now?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Dark_Waltz said:
Exactly what it says on the tin,

O mio Babbino Caro by Hayley Westenra:D
She is brilliant and going to be even better.

I got her new disc for christmas, ODYSSEY
Track 14 wigenlied is my favourite

but then lieder always does it for me.

Terry____________________
Blessed are the gentle, they shall inherit the land

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Terrywoodenpic said:
She is brilliant and going to be even better.

I got her new disc for christmas, ODYSSEY
Track 14 wigenlied is my favourite

but then lieder always does it for me.

Terry____________________
I swear she's the only Kiwi musician no Kiwi's listen to. . . What's the fascination?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
ChrisP said:
I swear she's the only Kiwi musician no Kiwi's listen to. . . What's the fascination?
Her Kiwi sales are fantastic so some of you must buy.

you don't get many new classical voices, so I guess when one comes along people notice.
She is always ( last three years) been near the top or top of the classical charts.
She has also had a no 1 in the pop chart ( same disc).
her latest disk is not as good a selection of songs (to me) but the voice is still there.
She is still too young to have her full voice, which should be with her in another ten to fifteen years.(quite different to a pop singer, who would be lucky to keep a voice that long).
There are still quite a few faults in her voice, but that is to be expected. Most people are not that critical anyway.

Terry___________________

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Terrywoodenpic said:
Her Kiwi sales are fantastic so some of you must buy.

you don't get many new classical voices, so I guess when one comes along people notice.
She is always ( last three years) been near the top or top of the classical charts.
She has also had a no 1 in the pop chart ( same disc).
her latest disk is not as good a selection of songs (to me) but the voice is still there.
She is still too young to have her full voice, which should be with her in another ten to fifteen years.(quite different to a pop singer, who would be lucky to keep a voice that long).
There are still quite a few faults in her voice, but that is to be expected. Most people are not that critical anyway.

Terry___________________
Thanks Terry. I still haven't met anyone here who listens to her. I admit it may be my circle of Metal and D'n'B friends, but I know a fair number of people over 40 as well.

Did you just say a Kiwi has faults??? better watch it or my full squawking furry will descend up on you!!! :p

*Turns of Incubus, and puts on the Chillis*

JonM

I'm listening to Viaticum by the Esbjörn Svensson Trio. E.S.T. play very progressive, unconventional jazz that anyone whose ears perk up at the mention of that fine line between Radiohead and jazz must hear.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
JonM said:
I'm listening to Viaticum by the Esbjörn Svensson Trio. E.S.T. play very progressive, unconventional jazz that anyone whose ears perk up at the mention of that fine line between Radiohead and jazz must hear.
Thanks for that. I'll check them out next week :)