• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you, politically?

What do you consider yourself politically?

• Total voters

Christy

I haven't officially "introduced" myself on this forum yet. I guess my introduction will be my political positions! I am a proud conservative: socially, fiscally, Biblically. I really love to discuss political issues, especially with people who like to think for themselves and are not prone to continually repeating what they have heard someone else say. I enjoy learning from other people.

I think it is extremely important to evaluate a candidate's stand on all the issues before deciding whether or not to vote for him or her. However, I must confess that for me there are some issues that "get my blood boiling" so much that I know within seconds whether or not I will vote for a certain candidate. Is this fair? Probably not.

Isn't politics wonderful? Polite society said one should not discuss politics or religion...but those are the two most interesting subjects!

Cheers to all!

EventHorizon997

You should prolly start a new poll because your current one is biased against the libertarians and populists out there... I myself am a libertarian and don't want to be grouped with populists in the moderate category!!!

Perhaps this is a better way:
Conservative (economically conservative, socially conservative)
Liberal (economically liberal, socially liberal)
Libertarian (economically conservative, socially liberal)
Populist (economically liberal, socially conservative)
Other

just a suggestion.....

Pah

Uber all member
EventHorizon997 said:
You should prolly start a new poll because your current one is biased against the libertarians and populists out there... I myself am a libertarian and don't want to be grouped with populists in the moderate category!!!

Perhaps this is a better way:
Conservative (economically conservative, socially conservative)
Liberal (economically liberal, socially liberal)
Libertarian (economically conservative, socially liberal)
Populist (economically liberal, socially conservative)
Other

just a suggestion.....

Labels are always a problem when it gets down to an individual. I'm liberal but for responsible economic policy but not as severe as a conservative may be. I also don't fit Clintonian form of Democratic (a type of "half-liberal).

-pah-

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I'm a liberal, in those descriptions, but I'm more of an anarchist. Before you condemn me, ask me about anarchy in a PM or something. Anarchy is not chaos, but order without control.

Melody

I can't tag myself as any because I'm all depending on the issue. I need an "other" category.

Melody

t3gah

I didn't vote because there was no option for Other or Abstain.

Jesus said not be part of the world but that's another story entirely slated for religious forums.

No*s

Captain Obvious
I voted conservative, but it's not right. The least accurate description on that list, though is moderate :). I doubt I have a moderate bone in my body.

On the conservative side, I believe in free trade, the right to pack firearms without government intervention, the ability to safely own lands and other private properties without government coercion, the need for the citizenry to be armed, and more.

On the liberal side, I believe in an absolute equality of religious beliefs, the elimination of state marriage licenses, the elimination of government enforced monopolies like copyrights and patents, the privatization of public schools (a place where I strongly disagree with my party), and other things.

Probably the only moderate position is that I do believe in a slight government regulation of the economy to balance out the power of corporations, but that's about it :D.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I voted myself as 'moderate' although I was brought up a Conservative; unfortunately, I have become disallusioned with Politicians, as I gather from posts that the majority of RF members also have.
Politics, in theory, are fine-whatever 'brand'. Bring the human element into the equation, and the practice bears little resemblance to the theory.