• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

what are your thoughts on hell

wolfmother

*edit*
This topic may exist so forgive me for the pre- post
if you believe in an all loving and forgiving God why would
he/ she damn his people to hell..

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Justice is when the punishment fits the crime, no human is capable of anything proportionate to eternal damnation, thus the concept is unjust, not to mention completely unnecessary. What purpose would it serve other than sadistic gratification?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Hell is a post-biblical (post-Torah) attempt to deal with the Problem of Evil at a time of social upheaval and defeat.

wolfmother

*edit*
Is it lawful for a parent to torture a child? ..
Why then should it be acceptable for God to do the same...?
Because it is written?

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
When/if i wind up in hell im gonna hug all the dammned and whisper in their ear i love you you. you are forgiven.

apophenia

Who created hell, and who judges and condemns souls?

I did, and I do, and I am the soul I condemn.

I won't bother you with the details, but suffice to say that hell is a very personal experience. Could just be an endocrinological issue. Hard to say.

A lama once said to me "you can even be happy in hell if you're smart". So I practice being happy. My happiness is completely irrational and without basis, but fortunately I realise that there is only one moment to endure ...

Twig pentagram

High Priest
If a god actually created the hell that many christians believe in.
Then that god is not an all loving, all forgiving god. IMHO

Man of Faith

If a god actually created the hell that many christians believe in.
Then that god is not an all loving, all forgiving god. IMHO

Bingo. I think when Christians say that God is all loving, they don't mean that God is just loving. Of course we cannot know everything about the nature of God, but the Bible describes him as just, jealous, loving, vengeful, and righteous. I’m a loving guy, ask my family. Yet I wouldn’t hesitate to send someone to the gas chamber.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Bingo. I think when Christians say that God is all loving, they don't mean that God is just loving. Of course we cannot know everything about the nature of God, but the Bible describes him as just, jealous, loving, vengeful, and righteous. I’m a loving guy, ask my family. Yet I wouldn’t hesitate to send someone to the gas chamber.

Would you send someone to the gas chamber for a parking violation?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hell means no life. Life is created. Hell is not created.

God does not judge. A man's actions and his own heart determine what will happen to him. If a person breaks the law of the nations the government of that nation judges him or her. Savvy?

Are you saying there isn't a hell and the law is what judges and condemns people?

Yes