• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Attributes Does God Have?

rojse

RF Addict
What attributes does your God/Goddess/Deity have that allows you to call this being a God/Goddess/Deity?

rojse

RF Addict
I thought there would have been one or two replies at least.

If this had been in the joke thread, I would have gotten fifty responses by now.

rojse

RF Addict
God is the creator of all (else) that exists. So whatever characteristics that entails, God has them.

So, for God to be God, He only has to create.

Do you believe that the other characteristics often attributed to God - benevolence, omniscience, and so forth, are also necessary for God to be God?

Andal

resident hypnotist
God's attributes is that he is everything that is attractive. In fact he is the most attractive. This doesn't just mean outward appearance but in means in terms of qualities. When you think of the one person or thing you are most attracted to, in fact madly in love with, God brings that emotion out but a 100 billion times more strong.

He is also the resevoir of all bliss. He is the embodiment of pure bliss that is beyond words.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
God's attributes is that he is everything that is attractive. In fact he is the most attractive. This doesn't just mean outward appearance but in means in terms of qualities. When you think of the one person or thing you are most attracted to, in fact madly in love with, God brings that emotion out but a 100 billion times more strong.

He is also the resevoir of all bliss. He is the embodiment of pure bliss that is beyond words.
I like your definition, krishnakanta, but I need to ask you a stupid question. :eek: I know very little about Hinduism (as I'm sure my question will prove), but do you believe in just one Higher Power you call "God" or in many gods and godesses? I've always been of the impression that Hinduism was polytheistic. Also, so you see your God or gods as taking a personal interest in you?

Andal

resident hypnotist
I like your definition, krishnakanta, but I need to ask you a stupid question. :eek: I know very little about Hinduism (as I'm sure my question will prove), but do you believe in just one Higher Power you call "God" or in many gods and godesses? I've always been of the impression that Hinduism was polytheistic. Also, so you see your God or gods as taking a personal interest in you?

Not a stupid question at all :) Hinduism has monotheists, polytheists, monists, atheists, in fact every kind of theist. I follow a monotheistic tradition. There is one God (Krishna) and under him there are devas (kind of like angels or demi-gods) Krishna can take many forms and has incarnated on earth countless times.

As for your second question, Krishna is always waiting for every single living being to come back to him. The moment a being takes even the slightest step in his direction, he comes running toward them. In this way he takes an interest in us. We are all unique and meant to be in personal relationship with him.

I hope this helps :D

My apologies for derailing the thread a little.

dogsgod

The same attributes as non-existence, or nothingness, since by all the impossible descriptions of him, he can't be distinguished from these attributes. Logic dictates.

rojse

RF Addict
The same attributes as non-existence, or nothingness, since by all the impossible descriptions of him, he can't be distinguished from these attributes. Logic dictates.

If you don't believe in God, what's the point of responding to the thread?

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
What attributes does your God/Goddess/Deity have that allows you to call this being a God/Goddess/Deity?

I don't know what attributes God has because I feel that my mind is incapable of knowing God.
I experience awe often when I perceive the world - there is something great/awesome/beautiful and while I can feel and experience I cannot comprehend. This is God to me.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
He offers me eternal life, so I am less afraid of dying. Oh, and he also just so happens to share all my personal prejudices and biases. For example, he loves America and hates gay people. I'm just so fortunate that god's psychology and mine are so strikingly similar.

sweetpea

He offers me eternal life, so I am less afraid of dying. Oh, and he also just so happens to share all my personal prejudices and biases. For example, he loves America and hates gay people. I'm just so fortunate that god's psychology and mine are so strikingly similar.

I have some questions for you.
If your God offers you eternal life, then how can you die? And why would you be afraid of dying, if it wans't going to happen? How do you know he loves America and Hates Gay people? Would a God so perfect have prejudices or does it suit you to believe that so you can justify your own prejudices.